Cruise Certificates

Dorene1

I had purchased one that expires this November. I am scheduled to cruise in January. My TA called NCL and they honored the extension, but told me that if I cancelled this cruise, they may not do it for me again. I was happy, since I didn't even think to sell them and figured it was just lost money!!

We got ours extended to cover a cruise booked for 3 months after the certificate expired (February 2016 expiry, cruise sails April 2016) I think they only extended it as it was the deciding factor on if we were going to book the cruise, but it shows that they can and do extend :-) x

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will need to cancel the Nov cruise so now back to two certificates. I will call them and see if I can extend. The person who was interested changed his mind due to not being able to use it by November. That will mean back to 2 certificates

Dorene

I will need to cancel the Nov cruise so now back to two certificates. I will call them and see if I can extend. The person who was interested changed his mind due to not being able to use it by November. That will mean back to 2 certificates

Dorene

Hi Dorene, several people in my group bought the certificates via EBay. Paid $200 so both the seller and each buyer wound up $50 ahead of the game. Worked nicely! One certificate was going to expire before our August 2016 cruise. Checked with NCL ahead of time and they said they would extend as long as we used it to book before expiration. We did just that. Call NCL, you may just be able to book a future date now. If not send me an email, I may have a friend who can use one or both! Bambisim@aol.com. Good luck!!

Hi Dorene, several people in my group bought the certificates via EBay. Paid $200 so both the seller and each buyer wound up $50 ahead of the game. Worked nicely! One certificate was going to expire before our August 2016 cruise. Checked with NCL ahead of time and they said they would extend as long as we used it to book before expiration. We did just that. Call NCL, you may just be able to book a future date now. If not send me an email, I may have a friend who can use one or both! Bambisim@aol.com. Good luck!!

I sent you an email this morning

• 2 months later...

I feel like such a dumb-dumb! We bought a Cruise Reward certificate on our last NCL cruise, and I've since booked not one but two more NCL cruises, and I was so giddy about the good deal and promos that both times I forgot to use the certificate for the deposit. duh!

Has anyone ever heard of NCL letting you use the credit either toward payment for an already-booked cruise, or for OBC? Thanks for your thoughts!

I feel like such a dumb-dumb! We bought a Cruise Reward certificate on our last NCL cruise, and I've since booked not one but two more NCL cruises, and I was so giddy about the good deal and promos that both times I forgot to use the certificate for the deposit. duh!

Has anyone ever heard of NCL letting you use the credit either toward payment for an already-booked cruise, or for OBC? Thanks for your thoughts!

When you booked did you give them your Latitudes number? Last time I called to book the agent saw my certificate attached to my account. I would call them back and ask them to apply it.

We checked with our PCC recently about extending and they said there would be no problem. We did book a cruise and used it, but I can't remember if we had to extend it or not. Always worth a call to save $250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk