UDP and new auto gratuity question

dcollette

Just in case if someone knows this already..... will the new 18% auto gratuity be charged to people who have the prepaid dining package? I will be emailing my consultant in the morning

I wouldn't think so....it seems that it will be applied to newly purchased packages - going forward. I have not seen anything about a retroactive charge for those who have already purchased the UDP.

But....I suppose anything could change! :o

Edited by happy cruzin

Ok, so I received a response from my pcc. Since we have the promo, we are covered for the 18% I will add that the system did not let me purchase the udp for my third guest, most likely because they were in the process of increasing the price on it. Lol.

Question to those who may know, if you have the beverage package, does the same apply or do you get hot with the gratuity for beverages? Just curious

Ok, so I received a response from my pcc. Since we have the promo, we are covered for the 18% I will add that the system did not let me purchase the udp for my third guest, most likely because they were in the process of increasing the price on it. Lol.

Question to those who may know, if you have the beverage package, does the same apply or do you get hot with the gratuity for beverages? Just curious

The beverage packages work the same; if part of a promo them they are included. If you purchase the promo the gratuity has always been added at point of sale. The recent changes in terms of the UBP is that gratuities on beverages have gone up from 15% to 18%.

Just a question about your third person. Are they in their own cabin? If the three of you are sharing a cabin and the UDP was chosen with the promo then everyone in the cabin gets the package. ( Was just thinking maybe that is why the system would not let you purchase it).

Rochelle

Wouldn't it depend on WHEN the third was purchased??

Yes it would. :D

It was either not applicable when someone purchased the package. -Or- It was added on at time of purchase,

One would be before the implementation of the new 18% gratuity service charge to specialty dining, the other would be after.

Rochelle

The beverage packages work the same; if part of a promo them they are included. If you purchase the promo the gratuity has always been added at point of sale. The recent changes in terms of the UBP is that gratuities on beverages have gone up from 15% to 18%.

Just a question about your third person. Are they in their own cabin? If the three of you are sharing a cabin and the UDP was chosen with the promo then everyone in the cabin gets the package. ( Was just thinking maybe that is why the system would not let you purchase it).

Rochelle

Ok, well the promo only applies to the first two passengers in the cabin, which is noted in the "fine print" ugh

Ok, well the promo only applies to the first two passengers in the cabin, which is noted in the "fine print" ugh

Ok that is really weird. I know that it is just for the first two guests for the other choices but I was fairly certain it was for everyone with the Ultimate Dining Package. I just had a look at the NCL website and when I clicked on the Freestyle Promo it says this right under the UDP option;

All stateroom guests eat at one of Norwegian Cruise Line's award winning specialty restaurants every night of your cruise.

When I click on Learn More I find this;

Choose this offer and all guests three years and older in the stateroom can try a different specialty restaurant each night of your cruise for free. The Ultimate Dining Package is normally priced $140 per person for a 7-day cruise, more for longer cruises and less for shorter cruises. For a la carte venues and Ocean Blue the price is discounted at 25% with the Ultimate Dining Package.

The Ultimate Dining Package is not available on Chef’s Table, Carlo’s Bakery items, entertainment based dining.

Not sure where the fine print is but if it were me I would be getting my TA to be looking into it. Might be able to save you a few dollars.

Rochelle

We booked a 2 bedroom suite with four of us for a Greek Isles cruise during the promo and had this for the extras:

- UDP for all four guests

- OBC of $200: split between the first two passengers

- UBP: first two passengers get the UBP and the second two get the soda plan

We put our wives as the first two passengers so they can use the OBC in the spa and order fancy drinks.