Freedom of the seas - Eastern Caribbean itinerary

Hey - I know there are port forums for excursion ideas... but I was wondering if anyone wanted to offer up what they did in St. Thomas and St. Maarten when on Freedom of the seas eastern route.

I know that we will get beach time and snorkeling done in coco cay... and maybe we will do it again in another port, I just wondered what other people did to round out their complete trip. I hope this is OK here in this forum. I feel that people probably pick excursions so as to not repeat activities.. so just wondering what people here did...

Thanks in advance!

On our first trip to St. Martin, we did a tour of both the Dutch and French side of the island with a stop for shopping.

In St. Thomas we went to the beach.

This time will be our third time on FOS and we are going strictly for relaxation. We will probably do the beach on one of the islands, a little shopping on both and we might take advantage of the ship being almost empty to do the spa.

We've been to both a number of times, as we love the eastern route! In St Thomas we always go over to St John. It's an amazingly beautiful island with gorgeous beaches. Our favorite thing to do is take the ship excursion Champagne Catamaran. The crew is fabulous and the scenery is breathtaking! So much fun!!!! In St Maarten, we've done the French and the Dutch sides. We enjoyed going to Sarafina's, a French bakery with wonderful goodies and touring the island. Other times we've gone to Maho Beach to watch the planes come in. Lots of fun. Next month we're trying Dawn Beach for a relaxing beach day.

Edited by ciera123

On our first trip to St. Martin, we did a tour of both the Dutch and French side of the island with a stop for shopping.

In St. Thomas we went to the beach.

This time will be our third time on FOS and we are going strictly for relaxation. We will probably do the beach on one of the islands, a little shopping on both and we might take advantage of the ship being almost empty to do the spa.

Maho Beach on St. Martin was a lot of fun. We went with Bernard Tours.

Most of the time we just walk to the beach.

St. Thomas the last 2 times we went to St. Johns. Really beautiful place

only neg. is you do not get a lot of time there, but the ride over is usually

a lot of fun

so those of you who have gone to stj before, are you still doing this with a noon arrival?? That is what we originally wanted to do, but having a hard time trying to decide if worth it with the time frame.. doesn't leave much time at all for the beach once you get there does it?

We're leaving on Freedom in a little over a week. This time we booked Bernard's tours in St Maarten and Godfrey's in St Thomas.

We will be with you on both excursions. Hope to meet you and yours at the meet and mingle.

We will be with you on both excursions. Hope to meet you and yours at the meet and mingle.

Are you signed up on the roll call? Don't recall seeing your name there, but I may not be remembering correctly. We're on the roll call and are planning to be at the meet and mingle. Also planning on being on the helipad for sail away---trying to talk my wife into wearing the beads, cuz I sure as hell won't! Lol. We'll be the ones with three blonde haired kids, with the two oldest probably fighting over what shade of white the ship is painted.

so those of you who have gone to stj before, are you still doing this with a noon arrival?? That is what we originally wanted to do, but having a hard time trying to decide if worth it with the time frame.. doesn't leave much time at all for the beach once you get there does it?

Yes, but we're taking a ship excursion (St John Cruise and Beaches) and using it for transportation only. It gives us about 3.5 hours on our own.

Are you signed up on the roll call? Don't recall seeing your name there, but I may not be remembering correctly. We're on the roll call and are planning to be at the meet and mingle. Also planning on being on the helipad for sail away---trying to talk my wife into wearing the beads, cuz I sure as hell won't! Lol. We'll be the ones with three blonde haired kids, with the two oldest probably fighting over what shade of white the ship is painted.

Yes A2Mich. we are signed up on the roll call . I have not posted much. I asked you if you from Michigan because we are. Hope to find some beads to wear hubby and I will try to get to hellipad for sail away.

Yes A2Mich. we are signed up on the roll call . I have not posted much. I asked you if you from Michigan because we are. Hope to find some beads to wear hubby and I will try to get to hellipad for sail away.

Ah ok. Sounds familiar now!

We did Bernard's tour in 2011. It was amazing and they were the perfect tour guides. Definitely great bang for your buck and a great way to see the whole island.

We are sailing on Freedom again in a little over a week as well and this time we are doing a circle island boat tour with Cap'n Bob in St. Maarten. The reviews for this tour can't be beat. I figure about 1500 5 star reviews can't be wrong!

We are going to Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas this time around to do some snorkeling. I haven't been there, but my parents have and they say it is absolutely gorgeous!

Edited by Maybaybie10

Ampc007.... Im on the same cruise as you guys ...

We are taking an excursion over just like someone else said on this thread we will book thru the ship..Just for the purpose of transportaion over..i thin its like $40 pp...thne taxi over to Trunk Bay or even rent scooters!!! your welcome to join us. LOL...

it'll be nice to get away from the crowds i think..

Yes, but we're taking a ship excursion (St John Cruise and Beaches) and using it for transportation only. It gives us about 3.5 hours on our own.

This is exactly what we are going to do! See ya there! :)

I just back from the Freedom Eastern....We chose a afternoon beach relaxation at Orient Beach. It was on the French side and a nice ride over, but when we got to our chairs finally all you do is get harassed by locals wanting to sell you anything,that gets annoying really fast. It is also clothing optional (should have read closer) and my six year old was outta control...eeeewww mommy look at that (you get it). So I recommend you skip this one at St. Martin.

Enjoy your cruise I miss it so much already.

Hey - I know there are port forums for excursion ideas... but I was wondering if anyone wanted to offer up what they did in St. Thomas and St. Maarten when on Freedom of the seas eastern route.

I know that we will get beach time and snorkeling done in coco cay... and maybe we will do it again in another port, I just wondered what other people did to round out their complete trip. I hope this is OK here in this forum. I feel that people probably pick excursions so as to not repeat activities.. so just wondering what people here did...

Thanks in advance!

St Thomas, the beach.

St Martin, Maho beach for the planes.:D