Pride Internet options?

crazycruzer68

Wow, I will need to read up on the details of this too!

Seems very inexpensive, I must be missing something.....:confused:

Perhaps because it is very limited. Actually quite expensive for what you get if you compare it to home.

Perhaps because it is very limited. Actually quite expensive for what you get if you compare it to home.

definitely more than at home, but compared to internet pricing onboard it is much cheaper than any of the other options

onboard pricing per Carnival's FAQs

• 480 minutes for $159

• 240 minutes for $89

• 120 minutes for $59

• 45 minutes for $29

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

Edited by turning40withMickey

I had it on the Sunshine the beginning of March. It was WONDERFUL!! FB Twitter instagram Snapchat if you have a Apple device your Imessage works as well as Facetime

You could text people on the ship to see where they were...sure beats post it notes!

Is it ONLY the $25 social media package, or does it include the other two tiers?

They give you the option of an upgrade to unlimited internet for another $35ish or high speed for another $60ish. I did the lower one with the social media pkg and had all I needed to check in at home...use it on the ship, and check email

definitely more than at home, but compared to internet pricing onboard it is much cheaper than any of the other options

onboard pricing per Carnival's FAQs

• 480 minutes for $159

• 240 minutes for $89

• 120 minutes for $59

• 45 minutes for $29

• Pay As You Go: $0.75/min

It is WAYYYYY better than the old pricing! I am sad cause I am on the Pride the week BEFORE it goes live :(

I had it on the Sunshine the beginning of March. It was WONDERFUL!! FB Twitter instagram Snapchat if you have a Apple device your Imessage works as well as Facetime

You could text people on the ship to see where they were...sure beats post it notes!

Not very tech savvy here, help me out a little! You put your iPhone on airplane mode and then logged into the wifi?

Yes that should be correct. :) One more step before you turn on airplane mode would be to turn off cellular data as just another pre-caution. Airplane mode should do it though i'm just extra paranoid at times.

Edited by josephcooper7

I just booked on the Pride for july and my daughter will be very happy with this news... I'm stunned how much less the packages are for this. I assume we will prolly get the Social Media package for the family so we can stay in touch on the ship.

Last time I paid for internet on a cruise I was planning out how best to use my minutes. :)

I wonder if you can have more than 1 person in a cabin get this. We have 4 in our cabin, each with their own S&S account

Yes, I got it for both myself and my 19 yr old son so I could keep in touch with him. It is attached to the folio number of the individual. not the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
So you can only do this with IPhones?

I believe the other posters are referring to iMessage. iMessage lets you send messages back and forth with anyone on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, or a Mac running Mountain Lion or later.

The social media package itself it available for android, apple and windows phones. For those on Android, facebook messenger could serve the same purpose as iMessage.