How about a Glory review? I am back and have one for you!

kmarie30

I loved reading the reviews leading up to our cruise so I thought that I would return the favor:) Just a heads up, this is my first review so if I miss anything or you have any questions be sure to let me know. I will answer the best that I can.

This was a 5 day cruise (March 31 - April 4) to the Eastern Caribbean going to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk.

Day 1:

We drove down to Miami from Orlando and arrived to the port at around 2:30. After parking our car and checking our luggage we were able to get right on the ship with basically no waiting. We headed straight for our room first to drop off some of the bags that we carried on. Our room was nothing fancy. We are a family of 4 who likes to take multiple vacations a year so saving money where ever we can allows for us to do this. We had an interior room on the level 1. It was a little tight but we were not there very often and it had everything that we needed. Besides that, our kids loved sleeping on the top pull out beds so they were happy. Our next stop was the Lido deck for some Guys Burgers! I have been excited to try one and it did not disappoint. This was my husband’s go to place for lunch most of the trip.

20150330_150419-copy_zpssmv8u4u6.jpg

After finishing up lunch it was almost time for the Muster drill so we waited around for that and then we changed into our bathing suits and headed back to the Lido deck for the sail away party. The kids went swimming for a bit while the husband and I watched the people dance and have a good time.

Goodbye Miami!

20150330_172847-copy_zpsnli1kixn.jpg

After the party, we explored the ship a bit and then went back to the room to get dressed for dinner. We opted for anytime dining this time around and I liked it much better! I liked having the table to ourselves and also not having to be on such a tight schedule. I also enjoyed getting to meet our new wait staff each night. Each one of them gave us great service and worked very hard to make sure that we had a fantastic meal. I know that the dining room staff gets mixed reviews for service, etc… but truly I think that they are some of the hardest working people on the ship. We had a conversation with one gentleman who has an 8 month contract and he said that they rarely are able to get off the ship and have a day to themselves. Besides that, when our cruise is over they have to make the experience enjoyable for the next set of cruisers and so on! I just know that I could not do that job and kudos to them for making it a great time for us all over and over. As far as the food, I thought for the most part it was great. Sure there were some things that I did not care for but that did not happen often. I also enjoyed the new American Table menu and to me it didn’t really seem much different than last year when we cruised. There was a good mix of everything so there was always something that I liked. This night I opted for the Shrimp Cocktail, Mahi Mahi Fish, and Chocolate Melting Cake. All very good and satisfying! After dinner we played some Trivia, watched some Family Face off and then headed back to our room to bed.

Fun Times

20150409_163148-copy_zpswcycc7nl.jpg

20150409_163219-copy_zpshrdzhtbo.jpg

20150409_163235-copy_zpsobfslmqs.jpg

This is all that I have for today. More to come hopefully on Sunday. Thanks for taking time to read and I hope you enjoy!

Edited by kmarie30

I was on the Glory last October for the Eastern Caribbean cruise,. We LOVED the Glory...and as you stated, the entire staff was friendly, and accomodating. We loved it so much..we will be on the Glory agian, this October for the Western Caribbean. She's a great ship!

PLEASE tell us whatever you can about the CD Adam Cornes... Was he good/bad, all over the ship, never seen? Did he have a fun exciting sail away party etc...

Thanks.. keep it going along with the pictures... Can't wait for Sunday to come now to read more from you :)

Next Saturday I will be on her like a fat kid on a Smartie. Will be doing a review.

YAY, cause you're doing the same exact cruise I'm doing only a month later... Hope you have a great time and come back and tell us ALL !!!

YAY, cause you're doing the same exact cruise I'm doing only a month later... Hope you have a great time and come back and tell us ALL !!!

Hi Elaine, I definitely will. It's about time I give back to this forum that has given me so much information and hopefully I can do the same for someone else :).

PLEASE tell us whatever you can about the CD Adam Cornes... Was he good/bad, all over the ship, never seen? Did he have a fun exciting sail away party etc...

Thanks.. keep it going along with the pictures... Can't wait for Sunday to come now to read more from you :)

[/i]

We just got off Glory today. Adam was a good CD. Fun personality, young energetic man. Very few announcements made so not anooying. British accent. Saw him at some of the events/shows but not really out and about alot other than that. Hugo, the assistant CD did alot of the outdoor games and parties. He was also young, fun and nice looking...lol

I thought Adam was a good CD! We did not see him a whole lot just walking around the ship but mostly during activities, shows, etc... The sail away party was fun. Lots of encouragement to get the cruisers involved. There were alot of line dances! My daughter sure did remember his name. She pointed him out whenever we saw him around.