Deck 9 Breakaway aft cabin

Jerseygirl1416

I sailed in a deck 9 aft balcony on the breakaway and did not find that there were any noise issues. Most of the balcony is covered so being able to lay out in the sun would depend on where the sun is and the angle that it is shining.

I've stayed in 9318. There were no noise issues whatsoever. I'd say 3/4 of the balcony is covered so sitting in the sun will be hard unless the sun is low enough and behind the ship. It was a great cabin!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the cabin! We have it booked for Thanksgiving. Any tips or most know info about the cabin? Could you see fireworks from your balcony?

Thanks

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love any information on the B1 aft cabins on the Breakaway. Specifically are there any noise problems from deck 8? Also is there enough room not covered to lay in the sun? And any other info? TIA for any feedback.

I stayed in a B1 aft balcony on deck 9. No noise issues however we did find that the room tended to shake/move a lot, I think because of the engines. We loved the room, the views, and the large balcony, but sometimes found it hard to sleep. The last night we had particularly rough seas I guess and the room shook a lot. The shaking is different then the normal movement I've had in other ships/rooms, even in rough seas.

I've stayed in 9318. There were no noise issues whatsoever. I'd say 3/4 of the balcony is covered so sitting in the sun will be hard unless the sun is low enough and behind the ship. It was a great cabin!

:)That's my cabin in September

• 3 months later...
And my cabin the week after you!!!!! :D

It (9318) was GOING to be our cabin until we accepted an Upsell to the H3 Owner's Suite! :D

FYI, for those who are looking for information on BA/GA B1 cabins, you should be careful about booking 9322 or any other B1s directly above it. If you look at pics of BA/GA stern, or videos or pics of individual cabins, you'll see that 9322 (and the other B1s directly over it) has a narrower balcony -- it's 2 "rail panels" wide versus 2-1/2 "rail panels" for the other B1s. This means that the balcony of 9322 (and those directly above it) is 20 percent smaller than the other B1s. As far as I know the interior space is the same.

Also, as far as sun on your B1 balcony, remember that only the Large Balconies and Large Mini-suites (on decks 8 and 9 up front) get any sun (assuming it's directly overhead). The B1s (and the other "Large" categories) give you the OPTION or POTENTIAL to have some direct sun while ALSO giving you the OPTION or POTENTIAL for shade.

Edited by Cruise4Real