What time to have driver pick us up after disembark in Civitavecchia?

shoreboy

The journey into Rome varies but 90 minutes to the Airport is about right as it allows time for traffic jams or other delays. I believe Azamara likes everyone to have disembarked by 9am but I have only read this on CC as we have yet to sail. (115 days to go)

Are you going straight to the airport or do you have either a long wait for an evening flight? Alternatively are you going to a hotel?

Depending on your answer lots of tour companies do transfers to Rome which can be Taylor made to your requirements. I am not sure whether I can name the one we used but it was excellent. You can arrange to lunch on the way or take a tour of the countryside or a tour of some of Rome's historic sites. You can even arrange for a tour guide whilst the driver stays with your bags. We carried our passport and valuables in a small ruck sac.

Alternatively you/ your luggage can be dropped at your hotel and you can then take a tour.

Of course you can just use them for transport. We even know a couple who had champagne in the car, before enjoying lunch at a countryside restaurant followed by a scenic drive all before a 6 pm flight home.

We simply emailed a couple and choose one.

Hope this helps.