Adventure of the Seas Wedding help!

Hi All and thank you for taking the time to read this! We are getting married next June on the AOS and leaving from PR. We have cruised before and will only do a balcony. We can't decide if we should go for the Junior Suite or splurge a little bc it is our wedding/honeymoon and go with a Grand suite. Does anyone have any recommendations or pictures they could offer? I know, why splurge and get the GS bc we won't be in our room that often bc of all the ports we visit...thats a con on our list why NOT to get the GS. But it is an amazing room and it is our HONEYMOON lol. I noticed the GS is only on deck 10, is there a lot of commotion going on above and we'll hear everything? Also, I know Royal will do everything for us, but has anyone been to a wedding on a cruise or has been on a ship and witnessed some of the wedding? Just trying to get all the info we can. Once again, thank you with all of your help!

I would go with the Grand Suite. This allows you the services of the Concierge, who can help with arrangements for other things you might want to do outside of the the actual wedding.

We were just involved with a wedding at sea a few weeks ago. Everything the ship people did was outstanding, it could not have gone better. However, dealing with the 3rd party people (Royal Romance) in the months before the wedding was frustrating at times.

Hi All and thank you for taking the time to read this! We are getting married next June on the AOS and leaving from PR. We have cruised before and will only do a balcony. We can't decide if we should go for the Junior Suite or splurge a little bc it is our wedding/honeymoon and go with a Grand suite. Does anyone have any recommendations or pictures they could offer? I know, why splurge and get the GS bc we won't be in our room that often bc of all the ports we visit...thats a con on our list why NOT to get the GS. But it is an amazing room and it is our HONEYMOON lol. I noticed the GS is only on deck 10, is there a lot of commotion going on above and we'll hear everything? Also, I know Royal will do everything for us, but has anyone been to a wedding on a cruise or has been on a ship and witnessed some of the wedding? Just trying to get all the info we can. Once again, thank you with all of your help!

We were just on AOS in Feb/March in a GS. It was our first GS and now it will be hard to go back to a balcony, altho are next 2 cruises are in a OS and GS.... I will post a few pics :) Having access to the CL is a nice perk and RC is suppose to the updating the suite perks soon (impatiently waiting!!)

Even with the port intensive cruise, we found plenty of time to enjoy the suite! As far as noise, we didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. Thankfully we didn't hear the people next to us either :D:D

As for the weddings... We got married on IndyOTS 6 years ago. My understanding is Royal Romance no longer sub-contracts their weddings out to TWE (The Wedding Experience), which is a good thing!! If the do still sub-contract out to TWE, they have changed the way they do business, which again is a good thing!!

There is a lot of advice and helpful information on the Honeymoon & Weddings board. The tread What I wish I had known before the big day - advice from past brides I think is a great place to start.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them for you, but as I said I think they have changes hands since we were married.

There are a lot of differences between the 1st day, at sea weddings and port weddings. Have you started the wedding plans yet?

10993445_10204044856061314_2432633997900274397_n.jpg.588cf218ecb84d1d76e43c82d4b47d87.jpg

10991121_10204044856661329_4689359181224118021_n.jpg.c33338d91e1589faffaa339c4788f436.jpg

11016047_10204044856821333_523412482137656038_n.jpg.3d17a311c378028183c01df7ceafeb87.jpg

10991283_10204044855221293_8698507757312061325_n.jpg.00bd344c89107f77bbdd3a0e362e8d02.jpg

Hello,

We are getting married on Explorer in 79 days! It has been stressful at times dealing with Royal Romance and nothing happened until I emailed Richard Fain to get things moving and basically explained they were ruining our big day before it had started!

I will let you know if we find any tricks, the biggest thing is to budget for your Affidavits and Apostille stamps. Cost us 300 in the UK.

Any help we can give let me know.

Pete n Liss x

Hello,

We are getting married on Explorer in 79 days! It has been stressful at times dealing with Royal Romance and nothing happened until I emailed Richard Fain to get things moving and basically explained they were ruining our big day before it had started!

I will let you know if we find any tricks, the biggest thing is to budget for your Affidavits and Apostille stamps. Cost us 300 in the UK.

Pete n Liss x

One thing to watch for is them changing the prices of reception items after you have booked the wedding. Keep a copy of the price list and compare to the one you get a few weeks before the wedding.

Also, one thing they completely dropped the ball on was the hair appointments for the bride and bridesmaids. Make sure you go to the spa as soon as you board and confirm the appointments. Or better yet, try to contact someone onboad the ship (like the concierge if you are entitled) a few days before the cruise. They had no record of the hair appointments, so it took much longer, and therefore the kids lost the time for the pre-wedding photos.

Edited by clarea

thank you for all the info! Thats very good to know about not hearing deck 11 above. Yes, RC now has Royal Romance. Everything is done for us including the marriage license, for an extra charge. We also can't plan for the wedding until it is all paid for in advance :mad:. No big deal, we have the $ but we want to make sure of everything before we book and have no regrets. We want to get married on our anniversary date. That just so

happens to be the Friday we sail back to PR, so we will be having an on-board wedding. I have looked over the RC wedding website too a bit. I guess I should planned to be stressed all through the booking :confused:

We were just on AOS in Feb/March in a GS. It was our first GS and now it will be hard to go back to a balcony, altho are next 2 cruises are in a OS and GS.... I will post a few pics :) Having access to the CL is a nice perk and RC is suppose to the updating the suite perks soon (impatiently waiting!!)

Even with the port intensive cruise, we found plenty of time to enjoy the suite! As far as noise, we didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. Thankfully we didn't hear the people next to us either :D:D

As for the weddings... We got married on IndyOTS 6 years ago. My understanding is Royal Romance no longer sub-contracts their weddings out to TWE (The Wedding Experience), which is a good thing!! If the do still sub-contract out to TWE, they have changed the way they do business, which again is a good thing!!

There is a lot of advice and helpful information on the Honeymoon & Weddings board. The tread What I wish I had known before the big day - advice from past brides I think is a great place to start.

If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them for you, but as I said I think they have changes hands since we were married.

There are a lot of differences between the 1st day, at sea weddings and port weddings. Have you started the wedding plans yet?

Awful! How difficult is it really?!? is Royal Romance getting your licenses for you? And how does that all work, as in what would we need? I've been trying to read up on everything, but it's a bit confusing to me.

Hello,

Pete n Liss x

Royal get the marriage license from the Bahamas as all their vessels are registered there however you need to provide them with affadvits which are signed by a notary public and have apostle's stamps from your government this is what has cost us extra. So far it has been fairly stressful as we have been able to do nothing really much is still undecided with 70 odd days to go. If I hear anymore of if you have any questions let me know and I will try my contacts :-)

thank you for all the info! Thats very good to know about not hearing deck 11 above. Yes, RC now has Royal Romance. Everything is done for us including the marriage license, for an extra charge. We also can't plan for the wedding until it is all paid for in advance :mad:. No big deal, we have the $ but we want to make sure of everything before we book and have no regrets. We want to get married on our anniversary date. That just so

happens to be the Friday we sail back to PR, so we will be having an on-board wedding. I have looked over the RC wedding website too a bit. I guess I should planned to be stressed all through the booking :confused:

We are in the plane flying home from San juan, after getting married on Adventure and staying in A grand suite for the first time.

1. The grand suite was really nice and this particular cruise the price difference isn't nearly as dramatic as on other ships. Go for the grand suite and get treated like royalty for your wedding g week.

2. Check your cruise itinerary, I believe that you can only be married by the captain while at sea on sailing days. The on shore options get more expensive and logistically much more demanding.

3. Make sure he rents his tux at home. It will cost a little bit more, but I opted for the convenience of not having to travel with it and it was nice to have it waiting g on me in the cabin upon arrival, but it was poorly sized and poorly sewn! As a suite guest you get a free pressing of your formal wear before the first formal night.

Happy to answer any questions.