Will NCL Be Hiring Non-Americans?

retsof

honestguy...Other than being part of the wait staff, what other position did you hold on the POA? Some of the information you give and state as fact sounds like it's coming from management. Your opinion is valuable and I appreciate the insight. I think a lot of people do. However, sometimes you say things that people may take as fact when it's just your opinion. Can you elaborate please on some of the things you've said so members can know if it's your opinion or fact? Thanks. Example: How are they cutting corners on food? What's the stats on excursions? I'd think the'd lose money on excursions because people can book them themselves. Anyway...thanks again for your insight and experience.

well i was just a waiter.. Had friends on board though. One friend was shore excurison manager. One was the head purser. They both worked for NCL on international ships.As to the food same thing there were a handful of waiters that worked for NCL on international ships. Secondly I know food. I know when stuff is frozen and processed. When someone says they did it this way on international ships I beleive them. Give you one example. I worked in pacific heights. For some reason thats where the pizza was cooked dont know why but it was. NCL is feeding all the guests RED BARON pizza. I know I watched it bake. Seen the boxes. One week they didnt have red baron so they used tombstone. I thought this was a joke. When I inquired about it I was informed that NCL did it this way to save money, but own their international ships it was made fresh. I know I would be upset to pay thousands of dollars and be served frozen pizza...

I try to keep my opinion off here. I state the facts as I seen them on board. If I stated my opinion my posts would get pulled

Interestingly enough, CND (Cruise News Daily) has a story today about American workers on NCL America. I have a feeling they read these boards for story ideas.

Anyway, here is the headline from CND. If you want the full story you have to subscribe.

Ernie

==================================

* NCL America Will Remain - American

Sept 13 - Pay no attention to that rumor you've heard. NCL America, NCL's division that operates American-flagged ships in Hawaii, is not increasing the number of foreign nationals aboard the ships in an effort to improve service - or for any other reason.

well i was just a waiter..

This time you underestimate yourself. The waiters are some of those that come into direct contact w/the customers and can really be a make or break item of ones perception of a cruise. I've never had a "bad" waiter on a cruise (although once on RCCL I had an assistant waiter that was just too immature to be away from her family and couldn't wait to get off the ship-she wasn't bad, but just didn't want to be there).

IMO-you were not "just" a waiter, but rather a really valuable asset to the cruising public.

-Monte

Archived