UDP Getaway whats included

brendapap

Going on the Getaway in 2016 and have promo UDP. Can you please list all the restaurants we can eat at for free including some like O'sheenans. Also some of the food each venue serves or your favorite dish . I heard Flammingos is a good place to eat. Is it opened all day and is that free for everyone or would it be like Cagneys? Which restaurants are opened on boarding day? Thank you in advance. :) Any info on dinning would be great.

Edited by brendapap

First of all, there is no Flamingo Grill on Escape. That is unique to Getaway. That location on Escape will have Margaritaville, which is a complimentary restaurant.

Here is a link to dining on Escape. You can browse there to give you an idea. It says what is complimentary and what is Specialty. The ones listed as complimentary are included for all passengers. The ones listed as Specialty will be covered by UDP, either fully, or at a 25% discount if they are a la carte (Pincho Tapas and Food Republic). Also, Bayamo will be 25% discount.

Thank you for the link. Was looking for a more personal opinion of different dishes in different restaurants also the link you posted is that just for the Getaway? Is there a Flamingos?

Edited by brendapap

Thank you for the link. Was looking for a more personal opinion of different dishes in different restaurants also the link you posted is that just for the Getaway? Is there a Flamingos?

Do something crazy and click on the link and find out. lol

Download Freestyle Dining Guide. It lists all venues for every ship in the fleet, complimentary and surcharge and the price.

Do something crazy and click on the link and find out. lol

Download Freestyle Dining Guide. It lists all venues for every ship in the fleet, complimentary and surcharge and the price.

I did click on the link but I didn't see where it told me what your favorite dish and restaurant was. Lol.

First of all, there is no Flamingo Grill on Escape. That is unique to Getaway. That location on Escape will have Margaritaville, which is a complimentary restaurant.

Here is a link to dining on Escape. You can browse there to give you an idea. It says what is complimentary and what is Specialty. The ones listed as complimentary are included for all passengers. The ones listed as Specialty will be covered by UDP, either fully, or at a 25% discount if they are a la carte (Pincho Tapas and Food Republic). Also, Bayamo will be 25% discount.

I have absolutely NO CLUE why I posted about the Escape when this message says Getaway! Sorry for the bad info. Ignore the post I quoted. It must be because I have been reading the Everything Escape thread all day, and have it stuck in my brain. haha

I have absolutely NO CLUE why I posted about the Escape when this message says Getaway! Sorry for the bad info. Ignore the post I quoted. It must be because I have been reading the Everything Escape thread all day, and have it stuck in my brain. haha

No problem because we are actually going on the escape too so I was going to ask what peoples favorite dishes and restaurants were on there too. :) Any thing I should not miss out on.

No problem because we are actually going on the escape too so I was going to ask what peoples favorite dishes and restaurants were on there too. :) Any thing I should not miss out on.

Considering Escape isn't built yet, that could be tricky;).

Our NCL crystal balls aren't working too well at the moment...:rolleyes:

The specialty restaurants that are included are:

Cagneys-steak lovers restaurant that included bone in ribeye steak. Wife had 8oz filet. Both enjoyed Mac n cheese, baked potato and onion rings. Oreo cheesecake for dessert. Enjoyed three times during our cruise.

Le bistro- French onion soup, table side carved ribeye for two. Potato gratin. French bread, and some decadent chocolate cake. Deliciously

Tepenyakki- entertainment mainly. Great fried rice, with choice of filet, chicken, shrimp, scallops, etc. we enjoyed the filet and chicken. Soup is like chicken broth. Dessert looks like green poop. Seriously

La Cucina- Italian, had chicken Parmesan, fettuccine. So full, from the delicious fresh baked bread. Loved the ambiance.

We didn't have Moderno. It is like a Brazilian steak house with tons of different meats and a huge salad bar. We opted for cagneys instead.

Osheehans- free 24 hour restaurant that serves up pretty much anything. We didn't go here as the food throughout the day will fill you up. Trust me.

The other specialty restaurants (ocean blue, wasabi, noodle bar )are not included. Hopefully this provides a little more detail on food.

Cagneys-steak lovers restaurant that included bone in ribeye steak. Wife had 8oz filet. Both enjoyed Mac n cheese, baked potato and onion rings. Oreo cheesecake for dessert. Enjoyed three times during our cruise.

Le bistro- French onion soup, table side carved ribeye for two. Potato gratin. French bread, and some decadent chocolate cake. Deliciously

Tepenyakki- entertainment mainly. Great fried rice, with choice of filet, chicken, shrimp, scallops, etc. we enjoyed the filet and chicken. Soup is like chicken broth. Dessert looks like green poop. Seriously

La Cucina- Italian, had chicken Parmesan, fettuccine. So full, from the delicious fresh baked bread. Loved the ambiance.

We didn't have Moderno. It is like a Brazilian steak house with tons of different meats and a huge salad bar. We opted for cagneys instead.

Osheehans- free 24 hour restaurant that serves up pretty much anything. We didn't go here as the food throughout the day will fill you up. Trust me.

The other specialty restaurants (ocean blue, wasabi, noodle bar )are not included. Hopefully this provides a little more detail on food.

:):):):)

But the other specialty restaurants that are not included (ocean blue, wasabi, noodle bar), you get a 20% (or 25%) discount. (I cannot keep up with the changes so I don't know if your discount will be 20 or 25%). Used to be 20% but they are changing that to 25 - just don't know the effective date of change.

You get this discount if you have the UDP.

Edited by seguetocaribe

But the other specialty restaurants that are not included (ocean blue, wasabi, noodle bar), you get a 20% (or 25%) discount. (I cannot keep up with the changes so I don't know if your discount will be 20 or 25%). Used to be 20% but they are changing that to 25 - just don't know the effective date of change.

You get this discount if you have the UDP.

Noodle Bar is now a complimentary restaurant for all passengers.

Thanks for the great answers!

OP - Thank you for asking this question. :) It's exactly something I was thinking about asking, but was afraid of the responses..... yeah.

You did my family a favor, too.

Going on the Breakaway 6/28 with UDP and have reservations confirmed at Cagney's. Does anyone have any details about whether or not Cagney's will be available with the UDP? Anyone know for sure about the changes? Wonder if they'll honor the reservations already made?

Unfortunately I don't think Cagney's will be part of the UDP for much longer. I was told that Cagney's will be a la carte starting next month with a new menu.

Where did you hear this at? Cagney's is the reason we took UDP

Where did you hear this at? Cagney's is the reason we took UDP

I know, right.

I have been looking around the board and NCL for a definitive answer, but it seems that as yet it is mostly just an educated guess based on previous actions of NCL and a trend to - well - annoy upcoming pax...

Two of my (six) kids were very disappointed we weren't booking DCL again. When I showed the two of them, and DH, the images from Cagney's they were all over it. My saddest child was won over by the beef. ;)

I think we will still have a fine time on NCL, but as people who did benefit from room service on other lines, and this likely change, we are feeling less excited than we were 34 days ago when we booked...

Can you make advance reservation for large party (13) at all specialty restaurants, including those that are a la carte??

Can you make advance reservation for large party (13) at all specialty restaurants, including those that are a la carte??

I don't know what the actual rules are, but when we were dining in the specialty restaurants, they were preparing tables for large parties. For instance, at Le Bistro, there was a party of 10. At Cagney's there was a party of 9. One thing that was pretty evident throughout the week was that NCL was very accommodating. Have a wonderful time!!!

Le Bistro - lobster,lamb, escargot, and mushroom soup (NCL is the only escargot I love).

La Cucina - beef carpaccio (we ate multiples of this)

Cagney's - any ribeye

Moderno - lamb, lamb, lamb

Ocean's Blue - sole or sea bass

Also, ask the servers - they know their stuff!