New boarding time on the CB??

sails

We have always arrived at Pt. Everglades around 10:30am to wait for the doors to open, so we could be on the ship by noon. I've been reading some threads stating that they were turned away from entering the pier when arriving before 1:00pm! How many people have had this happen to them? I just don't want to make a wasted trip to the pier only to be refused entry until later. Thanks for your help.

Check your cruise documents for the boarding time.

There are occasions when the ship arrives late in port (due to a nearby hurricane or other circumstances) and thus disembarkation starts late. They can't board new passengers until the previous ones have disembarked. I've been on cruises where the ship didn't start to disembark in FLL until after 9:30AM and there's no way the ship would have been ready to board passengers until later.

Lynn-

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but I am curious about that also... I was also wondering, are you driving to Pt. Everglades and parking there??

Yes, we are driving down from Kissimmee and staying in Lauderdale by the Sea the night before the cruise. We will be parking at the pier and I'm always antsy so I want to arrive at the pier as early as possible. Last year we were there at 10:15 and signs said you couldn't drop bags with the porters until 10:30, however, they took them and we went to the terminal and lined up outside for about an hour. I'm hoping we can still do that this time, but I see that the boarding time has changed from noon to 1pm. Guess we'll give it a shot...how about you??

Yes, we are driving from Boynton Beach, only about 30 miles away from FLL. We also will be parking and was wondering how that whole senerio goes?? Drop bags first then park, or park and bring bags with us... is it organized?? I know I'll get a lot of comments from THAT question :) I did get an email from my TA saying that we should not arrive at the pier before 1pm... don't know if this is something new or if they always send that out to cut down on people arriving early?? What date are you sailing??

We arrived at Port Everglades at 11:00am on August 13th of this year for our cruise on the CB. Our cab driver showed our passports to the port security at the main gate. Within a few minutes were were unloaded; checked our luggage; and standing in line outside the building. At 11:30am, Princess opened the doors and everyone proceeded into the building. It was a few minutes more before they began clearing everyone through security and on to the checkin counters. By 12:00 were were on the way to our cabin onboard.:)

I received this message from Expedia regarding our Oct. 8th cruise.

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT EMBARKATION BEGINS AT 1:00PM. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU COME AFTER 2:00PM IN ORDER TO AVOID LONG LINES AND WAITING TIMES.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NOT ADEQUATE FACILITIES AVAILABLE AT THE PIER TO COMFORTABLY ACCOMMODATE LARGE NUMBERS OF PASSENGERS WHO ARRIVE PRIOR TO 1:00 PM.

THANK YOU FOR YOU ATTENTION TO THIS NOTIFICATION. WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU ABOARD CARIBBEAN PRINCESS.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRE REGISTER ONLINE AT http://WWW.PRINCESS.COM FOR FASTER BOARDING

THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING EXPEDIA.COM

When DH and I sailed on Caribbean Princess in January, our cruise tickets indicated that embarkation commenced at 1PM. We arrived at 12:50, there were no lines, and we were on board in 10 minutes. It was obvious that many people were already on the ship, but if they arrived earlier, they likely had to wait in serpentine lines.

If it's a choice between "hurry up and wait" or "step right on board," DH and I prefer the latter. We don't even head to the pier until 12:15-12:30 and have always been on board by 1:00 or shortly thereafter.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

The way I understand, the port opens later for those driving and parking, possiblly to wait for debarking passengers to leave in their cars. If you are coming by cab or shuttle, they let you in early. This is just my perception as I will not be there until 10/29! Yippee

On my two previous cruises, I have missed sailaway. One was mostly due to arriving at the pier an hour and a half before departure and muster drill. The other was just muster drill. My flight gets in at 11:20 AM, we are taking a cab to the pier and stopping to get sodas and sunscreen on our way. I was still planning on rushing as fast as posible to get there b/c I've missed sailaway. Has anyone sailed in the last week or two and been turned away???:confused:

I can give you a fairly recent update. On Aug. 20th our transportation from our hotel told us that Princess had begun inforcing a "no drop-offs before 11:30," so the Zuiderdam passengers were dropped off first. The doors on 8/20 did not open until 12:45, yes the line was long, but moved well. On 8/27 the ship was over an hour late returning to port due to the pass of Katrina on Thursday/Friday. We met a CB honeymoon couple in the airport - full Princess pacage, airline, transportation,cruise - and they were told the first bus would not be leaving the airport until between 1:30 and 2:00. At 1:55 the Princess greeter came and got them to get on the bus. So, it would seem the answer is "It depends!" except, no hotel taxis before 11:30. Hope that helps!

Yes, we are driving from Boynton Beach, only about 30 miles away from FLL. We also will be parking and was wondering how that whole senerio goes?? Drop bags first then park, or park and bring bags with us... is it organized?? I know I'll get a lot of comments from THAT question :) I did get an email from my TA saying that we should not arrive at the pier before 1pm... don't know if this is something new or if they always send that out to cut down on people arriving early?? What date are you sailing??

Yes, drop your bags first, then park and it usually is fairly organized. Trying to find out where we needed to go to do so, last year, was a bit confusing because passengers were still disembarking and there were busses all over the place! It seems that some people are being let into the pier area when driving and some are not. They are being told to return at 1:00pm. We are sailing on 10/22/05...how about you?

Hi Lynn...

Guess what? We will be those people disembarking while you are trying to drop off your bags :) We sail 10/15!! That's funny. Thanks for the info on the order in which to do things... we've parked in Miami and it was sorta crazy... so I don't forsee this being any different :) Hey, we're on vacation right??? we'll just take it in stride :D

Have a great time!!! I wish you clear skies:)

We have always arrived at Pt. Everglades around 10:30am to wait for the doors to open, so we could be on the ship by noon. I've been reading some threads stating that they were turned away from entering the pier when arriving before 1:00pm! How many people have had this happen to them? I just don't want to make a wasted trip to the pier only to be refused entry until later. Thanks for your help.

Hi Sails, We went last Saturday, drove thru Port Everglades around 10:30, went straight to boat. We had no problems, the only hold up was there were 3 people they couldnt clear off the ship from customs. It was very hot, and we had to stand in the winding line for about an hour. Once they opened the doors, it went very quickly, It is very organized and we were on the ship having lunch before you know it.

So If it change, it changed this week while we were on the ship.

Had a wonderful time..:rolleyes:

Archived