Cheaper excursions for St. Pete?

dana r.

We've just been on SPB's Russian Treasures tour which was $250 for a two day tour including the Faberge Museum which I haven't found on any other tour. There were only 10 people on the tour, fantastic guide Catherine. We even got some free time around the Nevesky Prospect. Lunch isn't included but we did pop in to Stolle for pies, note cash only, very good.

Our tour with Tickets & Tours cost $199 for 2 day trip and included

Hermitage, Church of Spilled Blood, River Cruise and Faberge on Day 1

On Day 2 it had St Catherines Palace, Peterhof and Metro.

Lunch wasn't included either day but we were brought to places where you could opt for Russian food or just a plate of Fries etc.

10 on trip during 1st Day & 8 on 2nd Day

Links wrong. Sorry about that.

Here are the correct ones that I meant to post

http://*******/1egxMfI

and

http://*******/1RPRNqj

Neither of which link works to Tickets and Tours due to CC's policy of course.

Well, surprise, surprise! You had a great trip at a good price as I said you would, with a newish company that deserves a chance.

We had a wonderful time on our three private excursions with Arctur - who do all the tours for the cruise lines - with a superb young guide who was a fount of knowledge.

As you said, the guides work for one company one day, another the next. They are all government-licensed freelance guides waiting for that phone call.

We were a group of seven, and we had swift entry past the long queues everywhere, and even were shepherded into segregated viewing areas, separated from the tennis bat-wielding tour guides with 40+ groups off the ship.

We paid $200 each including good stalls seats for Swan Lake at the Alexandrinsky Theatre the first evening. I now know this price is achievable for everyone, not just someone "with contacts".

I will write a separate report of our own SPB excursion when I have time. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Edited by Bollinge