Diamond Cruise 4/5/15 aboard the Breeze

jimbo5544

The next morning we got up early and walked on 5 as usual. There was a nice breeze (pun intended) but it was fairly cloudy, but warm. A large portion of our group were going on a self booked excursion to the blue hole. They had arranged transfer and entrance. We had been up in the air as to whether we were going to get off or not in Ocho Rios. We decided to see what the morning brought weather wise. We had a late breakfast up on lido and watched some of our group as they made their way down the pier.

Edited by jimbo5544

We had decided to stay on the ship and watched how last Lido went from full to empty and then headed down to our room to change and come back up to the aft pool. On the Breeze in August we were in an Ocean Suite on Starboard side and spent some time on the balcony watching people leave and return down the long pier.

This cruise, we were in an aft wrap on port side and this is what we saw when we went down to change.

2e4hvlj.jpg

I will be turning diamond on our 2016 vista transatlantic cruise. Do I get diamond status on that cruise, need those days to be diamond, or do I have to reach 200 days before that cruise to achieve diamond status?

Pat

I will be turning diamond on our 2016 vista transatlantic cruise. Do I get diamond status on that cruise, need those days to be diamond, or do I have to reach 200 days before that cruise to achieve diamond status?

Pat

You will get it then. This cruise brought us exactly to 200 days (not planned, just worked out that way). So, to be clear, it happens on a the cruise you reach 200 days (for us it was the last day). Enjoy your TA!!!!

Pat

BTW, we have been going to Ft Myers Beach since late 70's! We now own a condo in Ft Myers that I hope we can spend significant more time in the near future.

BTW, we have been going to Ft Myers Beach since late 70's! We now own a condo in Ft Myers that I hope we can spend significant more time in the near future.

We own a sailing charter business here. would be more than happy to take you sailing some time, on the house! Don't mean to be dense but I am at times, so you were considered Diamond the whole cruise even thought the last day was when you actually reached Diamond status? this also my exact same scenario for Vista cruise.

Pat

Don't mean to be dense but I am at times, so you were considered Diamond the whole cruise even thought the last day was when you actually reached Diamond status? this also my exact same scenario for Vista cruise.

Pat

Pat, answered you on the Milestone thread also.

Yes, you will receive your Diamond card at the beginning of the TA and since it is your Milestone cruise also, you will gave the Diamond card with Milestone on it.

We own a sailing charter business here. would be more than happy to take you sailing some time, on the house! Don't mean to be dense but I am at times, so you were considered Diamond the whole cruise even thought the last day was when you actually reached Diamond status? this also my exact same scenario for Vista cruise.

Pat

That would be cool! As the other poster days, yes it is from day 1 of the cruise you qualify. It is a tad confusing and I was a little tentative until I got the card. Same for milestone as stated as well.

Great review ! My wife and I are sailing May 9th on the breeze in an aft wrap cabin also. We are in 6470. Is this similar to what our cabin will look like ?

The pictures I posted are from 6470. You will love the cabin. Thanks for the kudo's on the review. More coming today. Say hello to Moodie (the room Steward) for us, he did a great job!

Edited by jimbo5544

Hi Jimbo! Congrats on Diamond!!! Awesome achievement.

Keep up the great work. Never get bored reading a Breeze review.

Hoping to be back on her for our 3rd this year.:D:D:D

Thanks for the kind words. I never get bored doing one as well;), helps me keep the memories front mind present.... You won't be disappointed, we had a great cruise. More coming today.

Were the 2 lounge chairs already on the balcony or did you have to request them ?

They were already there. On a previous Splendor cruise, there were three loungers. I have never done an aft wrap with having multiple loungers.

Thank you for answering both of my questions . We are looking forward to this cruise . It will be our 10th cruise and we will be celebrating our 40th anniversary . We have another cruise booked for next year on the Magic in an aft wrap cabin also .

Jimbo! Congrats on Diamond!!!Welcome to the club

Great review... Now the question remains how many Diamonds are their

Thanks on both counts! It has been a real pleasure getting to Diamond. We had gotten invited to a Diamond event a year ago (long story) and met another Diamond couple whom we have become pretty good friends with. Have you asked how many Diamond members there are? I know there is a FB group for them, but we have not asked to join yet. There was only one other couple on this sailing, but have seen as many as four on other sailings. I am sure one of John's blogger cruises (or the TA's) would have a lot as well.

Thank you for answering both of my questions . We are looking forward to this cruise . It will be our 10th cruise and we will be celebrating our 40th anniversary . We have another cruise booked for next year on the Magic in an aft wrap cabin also .

Not sure I mentioned it before or not, but only the 6th floor aft wraps Dream class) have couches (due to the slope of the ship). We like the couch and discovered it when the Dream came over to New York for the naming ceremony snd we had a sleep over on her for the event. The next morning as everyone was getting off, I discovered this fact and we changed our upcoming room from 9th floor to 6th for this reason.

Thanks on both counts! It has been a real pleasure getting to Diamond. We had gotten invited to a Diamond event a year ago (long story) and met another Diamond couple whom we have become pretty good friends with. Have you asked how many Diamond members there are? I know there is a FB group for them, but we have not asked to join yet. There was only one other couple on this sailing, but have seen as many as four on other sailings. I am sure one of John's blogger cruises (or the TA's) would have a lot as well.

Congratulations and welcome to the Diamond level.

There are usually more Diamonds on the longer cruises. We had 81 on our Feb Freedom repo 12 days to Galveston. On the Mar 15 Pride repo to Baltimore, they had 85. Way too many.

Congratulations and welcome to the Diamond level.

There are usually more Diamonds on the longer cruises. We had 81 on our Feb Freedom repo 12 days to Galveston. On the Mar 15 Pride repo to Baltimore, they had 85. Way too many.

Thanks for the congrats! Wow 85 is a lot, what did they do for a Diamond event for that many people?