"Sold out"?

elsbarre

Ok question our cruise does not have availability for inside or ocean views anymore. I am just wondering if this is a capacity or sales tool or if it truly could mean completely sold? Obviously it could be sold out. Just wondering if they just don't always release a full ship. It's a May 9 cruise. I don't care either way, just more wondering lol [emoji2]

I am betting that CCL wants every cruise to be at 100%+ for every cruise. I know it doesn't happen all the time, but if you are being told that there are no available cabins in those classes, then they are sold out. (100% means each cabin has at least 2 occupants.)

Great question - because I had the same one a few months ago. One of the ships I was considering ran out of ocean views. Tons of everything else, but no ocean views. I was shocked. Made my deciding what cruise to take easier.

I'd love to hear what you find out. It just seemed fishy to me. Or it could be that everyone just likes ocean view like me. :-)

Ok question our cruise does not have availability for inside or ocean views anymore. I am just wondering if this is a capacity or sales tool or if it truly could mean completely sold? Obviously it could be sold out. Just wondering if they just don't always release a full ship. It's a May 9 cruise. I don't care either way, just more wondering lol [emoji2]

Which ship on May 9th?

Did you notice if there were any for other occupancy numbers? Like if I check for cabins for 2 passengers it shows only 2 available, but if I look for cabins for 4 it shows many more. I noticed that for our 5/31 cruise they are holding tight to occupancy requirements and not opening the cabins so that 2 people can book a 4 person cabin. Seems a little strange when there are only 45 days until we sail.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ships can be sold out, they can also have an occupancy where they do not want any addtional cabin load (how many people in a cabin - as an average). Our 4/5/15 sailing on the Breeze was in this state for a while before the cruise.

BTW, this is a problem they want to have, and on a regular basis. ;)

On one of our January cruises, the cruise disappeared from the website about 3 weeks before the sail date. We had a Guarantee room and were given a quad. I called my PVP to see if this was our room for sure or if they could move us if someone needed a quad? he said the ship was sailing at maximum passenger capacity so there was not a possibility we would be moved.

On one of our January cruises, the cruise disappeared from the website about 3 weeks before the sail date. We had a Guarantee room and were given a quad. I called my PVP to see if this was our room for sure or if they could move us if someone needed a quad? he said the ship was sailing at maximum passenger capacity so there was not a possibility we would be moved.

What's a quad?

I was curious if this was a way to push in to balcony rooms. We have our room, aft balcony, so I don't have a guaranteed room. Just more of a curiosity as they can always open rooms back up [emoji2]

What's a quad?

I was curious if this was a way to push in to balcony rooms. We have our room, aft balcony, so I don't have a guaranteed room. Just more of a curiosity as they can always open rooms back up [emoji2]

A cabin for 4. Or a really cool All terrain vehicle.

Inside and oceanview on Miracle May 9th looks sold out to me. Maybe that's a good omen that you have a sweet upsell offer coming. :-)

Sweet. Although unless it's a suit I would take it haha. Vista suit actually haha