snorkling at Melia?

CJinMD

I have read that there is an area to do a little snorkeling for beginners. We are planning on going there on our cruise in a few weeks with DS 6. How far out to you have to go to see something? How deep is it? I know we probably wont see a lot, but I think he would like to see a fish or two.

I have read that there is an area to do a little snorkeling for beginners. We are planning on going there on our cruise in a few weeks with DS 6. How far out to you have to go to see something? How deep is it? I know we probably wont see a lot, but I think he would like to see a fish or two.

Hi -

In September I did my first snorkeling there at the Melia and I loved it. I am not a great swimmer so I am not very comfortable in water where I cannot stand, so I was thrilled that I could go out to not even chest-high water and see lots of fishies. It was big fun for me. I think it's a great place for beginners...

Hi -

In September I did my first snorkeling there at the Melia and I loved it. I am not a great swimmer so I am not very comfortable in water where I cannot stand, so I was thrilled that I could go out to not even chest-high water and see lots of fishies. It was big fun for me. I think it's a great place for beginners...

Thanks so much for your response - I will pack our snorkels!

• 2 months later...
Thanks so much for your response - I will pack our snorkels!

How was the snorkeling and the resort overall? Is it safe and close enough to walk from Nassau cruise pier to Melia? If not, how much was taxi per person?

Thanks!

We actually didnt end up doing too much snorkeling - my boys liked just splashing around in the water and swimming in the pools.

You definitely cannot walk there, it is far (maybe a 10-15 minute bus ride). But, the local jitney bus was easy, $1.50 per person, each way (bring exact change).

The resort could use some updating, but it was perfect for what we were looking for. Also, you can use their towels (included in the day pass).

We did not have the best weather conditions the day we were at Melia, so they had the "ocean" closed off :rolleyes:

We did walk down the beach though and I took a picture of the area. This will show you the location compared to the beach.

PB190105%20copy-L.jpg