Carnival Pride Question

Ok. So this is a question for those on the Carnival Pride in the winter.

Do they close the dome over the lido pool whenever it's snowing? Because if my family were to do a cruise on the Pride over the Christmas Holiday, we wouldn't want it to be freezing for the first 2 days of the cruise. Anything will help. Thanks!

~TheCriuseDirector

Ok. So this is a question for those on the Carnival Pride in the winter.

Do they close the dome over the lido pool whenever it's snowing? Because if my family were to do a cruise on the Pride over the Christmas Holiday, we wouldn't want it to be freezing for the first 2 days of the cruise. Anything will help. Thanks!

~TheCriuseDirector

When I cruised feb 2014 they had the roof closed over the pool. Also the year before that as well. As long as the weather is cold prior to leaving, they can close the roof over the one pool. What they cant do is close the roof when the ship is moving, so a decision has to be made prior to sailing to close.

When we cruised in November and December, the roof was usually shut, but even then it was still too cold to use the pool for the first day and a half, and the last day. Once we were off the coast of SC, then it was warm enough, but the roof doesn't keep the cold out!

When I cruised feb 2014 they had the roof closed over the pool. Also the year before that as well. As long as the weather is cold prior to leaving, they can close the roof over the one pool. What they cant do is close the roof when the ship is moving, so a decision has to be made prior to sailing to close.

We've been on a few ships where a sudden rain storm came in and the roof was closed as we sailed, then opened later when the sun came out.

Very cool to watch both from outside and inside.

Having cruised the Pride out of Baltimore in Feb, the reality is that regardless of the roof position, the top deck is going to be rather wintry until you get down into Florida. I think we wore pants and jackets for the first few days (it was a cold week though, our balcony was covered in ice by the time we got back into Baltimore.

My wife disliked the fact that it was cold for close to half the trip, and that the top decks were pretty deserted for those times, however it didn't bother me at all. There is still plenty to do, just don't expect to be swimming until day two or three depending on the weather.