Wear Formal Outfit Twice?

On our first cruise in 1993, sequin tops were all the style. I had a lovely one that was black and gold that I bought at the mall near home.

While waiting for DH at the elevator, (he had to run back to the room for a hanky) I hear a woman exclaim "OH, NO!" Look up and here is another woman in the same top. I thought it was pretty funny but she was very upset.

Asked me where I got it and I told her. She was from Washington State and had got it in some fancy boutique w/the understanding it was a unique item.

This was when you still had your picture taken w/the captain and she made sure there was plenty of space between us in the line. Funny thing was that they sat only a few tables away from us in the MDR and every night I saw her obviously checking me out to make sure we weren't identical again.

Sue

Surely if you wear black tie then every man wears exactly the same each formal night? they may have more than 1 shirt. But black tie is black tie.

Royal Caribbean is not Cunard....you're not going to see many in black tie on 'formal night' mostly suits, with a few blazer's and a few in real black tie....;)