Does anyone not like the Splendor design and why?

Big-Will

When we first sailed on her we were not fans but we have cruised her a half dozen times and have really come to love her. Wish she would come back out West.

Just sailed a couple weeks ago Western Itinerary. The Lido lid as its being called was nice in blocking wind. Getting to restaurants no biggie. Yes it has a lot of pink but its a great ship and the staff in my opinion were good. I have no problem sailing her again.

Love Splendor! She was originally suppose to be a Costa ship.

retractable roof is huge when it rains... Party never stops!

As this poster stated, Splendor really isn't a Carnival ship. That is why her design is so different from the rest of the Carnival fleet. She is actually the sister ship to the Costa Concordia. Lots of Italian finishes especially in the Lido buffet.

While a lot of people complain about all the "pink" on the ship, if you look closely you will see that even the wood in the Lido has a rosy finish to it. Nothing inexpensive about the décor. Definitely European in finishes.

MARAPRINCE

We loved the Splendor layout! I loved the covered hot tubs. We sailed from New York in October so appreciated the covered lido area for the cooler start of our trip.

The staff was awesome too in fact I may break my rule about not sailing the same ship twice just because we had the best cruise ever on Splendor.

The only negative I have was the rotisserie was disappointing-I would have rather had the fish and chips station in that area like other ships.

We loved the Splendor layout! I loved the covered hot tubs. We sailed from New York in October so appreciated the covered lido area for the cooler start of our trip.

The staff was awesome too. In fact I may break my rule about not sailing the same ship twice just because we had the best cruise ever on Splendor.

The only negative I have was the rotisserie was disappointing-I would have rather had the fish and chips station in that area like other ships.

The staff was awesome too in fact I may break my rule about not sailing the same ship twice just because we had the best cruise ever on Splendor.

Yes, we sailed Splendor in January 2014.. That Lido cover was great cause there was snow everywhere!

Very clean ship.. great crew

The design of the Splendor's layout was a bit awkward, but you got used to it. The bathroom locations took some searching.

The interior decorator/designer, however, needs to find another line of work. We were appalled by the hideous decorations throughout the ship. Way too much pink and black. The decorations in the Black Pearl were no better. We were told the Golden Pearl was just as bad, only gold. Bottom line...overkill.

I have always liked the look of her, maybe its because she reminds me of the European ships I have seen in the past...at one time she was meant to be among them but it was not to be.

Maybe she gets a little more bad press these days as she is Concordia's sister? Who knows. In people's subliminal they may look at Splendor and think of the Concordia...

Edited by Velvetwater