Prices to go down for next month sailings?

burnoutbabe

Currently looking at a week in May around the med on Oceana - 2 itineraries suit us one week after the other. £549 and £629pp for obstructed and flights.

So, would those prices go down further? I checked using select and there are at least 10 state rooms to choose from in that category plus tons of insides if needed (£50pp cheaper)

Or if they are only likely to go down by £50 max, then we may as well book now and see if we get upgraded.

I would imagine that it will all depend on how well the cabins are selling. No doubt P&O would reduce the prices further rather than have the ship sail with a substantial number of cabins empty. Unfortunately I can't see how you could tell in advance whether that is likely to happen. I don't suppose that P&O would tell you how quickly the cabins are going.

So, would those prices go down further?

It's your guess.

We normally book pretty late (2 to 4 weeks before travel) and we've seen availability suddenly disappear and the prices can also jump up as well as down.

It's really a roll of the dice.

My view is that if I spot something that is suitable against my itinerary and date requirements then if the price meets the criteria we've set set then we book and don't care what happens to the price after that.

They may well go down but then suddenly be unavailable due to being fully booked. Bear in mind when checking available cabins that this takes no account of Saver fares that have not yet been allocated their cabin numbers. Cabin numbers for those on Saver fares usually get allocated about 14 days before departure so before this you can get an overly high false impression of the number of cabins available.