Balcony Cabin for 5

MaiTaiMary

I don't know of any balcony room (non suite) that will hold more than 4. 2 in the bed, one on the sofa and one in a drop down bunk (newer ships)

The next step up is into a family suite - which are not that much more, but offer all the perks of a suite.

We would prefer a suite, but according to the NCL reservation agent and their website, there isn't anything on the Sun that will accommodate 5 people. The balcony would be the best cabin. It's letting me plug in the info for 5 people. Category "BB". 5 guests. $4,443.75 for 5 people in cabin 8234. Norweigan Sun. Oct 2, 11 night cruise out of San Diego.

I'm looking at the website now and there are a number of balcony cabins that will accommodate 5 people. My concern is that they just look like regular sized cabins and I'm wondering if it would be too tight for us.

My question is how this cabin category would be configured for 5 people, and if anybody has pictures.

Thanks.

The Jewel will be doing the Mexican Riviera and they have SC and H4 category suites that sleep 5. That may work out better for you and it surely will be more comfortable. I hope that helps.

What are the dates? 11 nights out of San Diego??

I'm looking at an 11 night cruise of out San Diego. The Sun is the only one I can find. Yes they have balconies that hold 5 people. Again... just trying to see who has been in one of these cabins and if they have pictures.

Thanks.

I looked at some sister cabins that hold five on the Sun. Two on the main bed, two on the fold out sofa and 1 on the pull down bed. You couldn't move in there after the beds are made up. Five sharing one bath would be a nightmare, but it's doable if your motivated. Good luck.

I missed the part about it being the Sun - she is one of two ships that are leftover from the 90's - the other being the Sky.

As for the website - I would put more credence in what is printed on the deck plans over the information in the left hand column as it is fairly generic while the ship drawing is specific to the ship.

We have stayed in an Aft Penthouse suite on the Sky - it was many years ago - but it had two rooms and between the sofa and a roll away bed you could easily sleep 5. The Sun is similar and maybe the aft penthouses or even the owners suites could have a similar arrangement.

Your only other recourse is getting two adjoining cabins.

I am on the Sun in a balcony for 5 in 3 weeks. I will try to remember to take pictures for you. There are only 10 of them which you have discovered are category BB (though there are also family insides and family oceanviews that accommodate 5). It is true that the suites on the Sun only hold 4. I know it will be tight, but our kids are small ... we'll have to make do with the size.

Yes! We cruised Alaska in a cabin that fit 5 on the sun. It was on ocean view, however, not a balcony. It was tight, but we had a fantastic 2weeks!! There was a regular bed, a queen size couch and a bed that came down over the couch from the wall like a bunk bed. My husband, myself and 3 boys from 4-12 who are small fit nicely.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

Just back from the Sun. Yes, it's a bit tight for 5, but okay since we traveled with small children. The hardest part was the lack of closet space. We had a lot of clothes for different climates in Alaska. There was a hanging closet with some shelving and a total of 6 drawers and a few cubbies. There was very little space in the bathroom. Definitely get some over the door type toiletries bag and you'll probably be okay. I will post pictures a little later.

We had a Getaway Balcony room for 4 but had 5 stay in it for 7 days. 2 adults and 3 teenagers 17, 15 & 14

We brought a n extra teen friend, booked him in my sisters room but he stayed the week in our room.

It was tight, but very doable. We would do it again if the situation raised.

Everyone kept their suitcases packed under the bed. Just roll them out when needed. Each person got 1 shelf in the closet for the I things they used multiple times a day etc

The teens each had a back back they kept their electronics in, books etc for sea days and port days.

Dh & I still enjoyed our coffee in our room in the mornings 😄

Pictures of the balcony room for 5. The picture on the left show the room with the queen bed in the foreground and the sofa bed in the back. The picture on the right shows the extra beds made up: sofa bed extended out and bunk bed pulled down over the sofa bed.

IMG_1944a.jpg.be5a1948abf3bfcc6c6b378aabd50a88.jpg

IMG_2000a.jpg.6e3172f939ddc18a33c4ac184350c77d.jpg