Instant or brewed iced tea?

stlrrt

It's not silly to me since I love fresh brewed ice tea. Sad to say, it's not brewed. It's not vey good but if you put enough lemon and sweetener in it, it's drinkable.

I found that if I water it down, the taste improves. It is way too strong. The tea in the MDRs seems especially strong.

I have a tea travel pot that I take on cruises. I bring it with me to the dining room with my favorite tea for that meal and ask my server to please fill it with hot water. I love the aroma of tea as it steeps, and when I pour it over a glass of ice it is perfect. I really don't like the ice tea that is served on the ship as much as fresh brewed.

It's these simple pleasures that really make for a splendid day.

Iced Tea is my kids favourite beverage here in Canada. We go through a lot of it at our house...Much more than soda or lemonade.

They absolutely won't drink it when we visit the U.S. or cruise... It is a totally different drink and they hate it... So do I actually.... I'm too used to the Canadian version of Iced Tea... lol. It is the one thing we miss the most when on a cruise.

What we know as Iced tea isn't even tea I don't think.

Canadian money is plastic, we have no pennies, our milk comes in plastic bags and we love ketchup flavoured potato chips!! Lots of things are different here :D

Iced Tea is my kids favourite beverage here in Canada. We go through a lot of it at our house...Much more than soda or lemonade.

They absolutely won't drink it when we visit the U.S. or cruise... It is a totally different drink and they hate it... So do I actually.... I'm too used to the Canadian version of Iced Tea... lol. It is the one thing we miss the most when on a cruise.

Canadian money is plastic, we have no pennies, our milk comes in plastic bags and we love ketchup flavoured potato chips!! Lots of things are different here :D

*clears throat*

Hey,

I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American, and I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.

I believe in peacekeeping, not policing; diversity, not assimilation; and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.

A tuque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch, and it is pronounced zed: not zee – zed!!

Canada is the second largest land mass! The first nation of hockey! And the best part of North America!

My name is Joe!! And I am Canadian!

I didn't know there was a Canadian version of iced tea, I just knew that it tasted different. Now I know.

One thing that I'm glad we don't have is poutine.:) Think I would pass on ketchup flavored potato chips as well LOL!

Edited by NLH Arizona

Lipton, Twinings (and other brands, I'm sure) make cold-brew iced tea bags, and you can just do a cold brew with normal tea bags. It's not quite as strong but still has a nice flavor.

http://www.twiningsusa.com/templates/group_ProductGroup.aspx?GroupGuid=79

I'm a brewed-tea purist so I'll be bringing some of these for worst-case scenario.

*clears throat*

Hey,

I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American, and I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.

I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.

I believe in peacekeeping, not policing; diversity, not assimilation; and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.

A tuque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch, and it is pronounced zed: not zee – zed!!

Canada is the second largest land mass! The first nation of hockey! And the best part of North America!

My name is Joe!! And I am Canadian!

Love it! Now if we could only link to a You Tube video of the original commercial everyone else would get the joke too ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't know there was a Canadian version of iced tea, I just knew that it tasted different. Now I know.

One thing that I'm glad we don't have is poutine. Think I would pass on ketchup flavored potato chips as well LOL!

Poutine is insanely popular here. It's common at most restaurants and fast food joints...Even McD has poutine here. Definitely not my favourite though...I stick to just salt and ketchup on my fries!!

Poutine is insanely popular here. It's common at most restaurants and fast food joints...Even McD has poutine here. Definitely not my favourite though...I stick to just salt and ketchup on my fries!!
I was in Churchill seeing the Beluga whales and every restaurant we went to had it. I'm with you, salt and ketchup and I'm a happy camper. Now, my mother use to dip her fries in mayonnaise and I had a friend who dipped hers in tarter sauce.

I'm curious about Canadian iced tea, I agree american iced tea is garbage I make my own which is Russian iced tea. Can't believe I have lived my whole life 15 minutes from the Canadian border and have never heard of Canadian iced tea.

Now ketchup potato chips, for sure, and poutine fries are the best thing ever!

It's sold just like soft drinks in a can ( most popular is distributed by Coke)

It's basically noncarbonated water and sugar with what they claim is natural flavouring that is based on tea... lol. It's no different than drinking pop except without the fizz.

I'm curious about Canadian iced tea, I agree american iced tea is garbage I make my own which is Russian iced tea. Can't believe I have lived my whole life 15 minutes from the Canadian border and have never heard of Canadian iced tea.

Now ketchup potato chips, for sure, and poutine fries are the best thing ever!

The most popular brand of Iced Tea in Canada is not brewed tea at all.

Nestea is more of a tea flavoured syrup and water.

There are other brands though that are real brewed tea. But they still are generally sweeter then their american counterparts.

Ok... now let's talk Beavertails...

The most popular brand of Iced Tea in Canada is not brewed tea at all.

Nestea is more of a tea flavoured syrup and water.

There are other brands though that are real brewed tea. But they still are generally sweeter then their american counterparts.

Ok... now let's talk Beavertails...

I thought your iced tea tasted sweeter, I kept asking if it was "sweet tea" (mostly found in the south, where they actually add sugar to the tea) and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Now, please tell me, the beavertails you are talking about is the pastry????

I thought your iced tea tasted sweeter, I kept asking if it was "sweet tea" (mostly found in the south, where they actually add sugar to the tea) and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Now, please tell me, the beavertails you are talking about is the pastry????

It absolutely is a pastry... ;)

Kinda like a funnel cake or fried pancake, and topped with all kids of goodness.

7vr38dn47wb19f6wjrwu.jpeg