Documents for POA

Puffs

Can anyone tell me if you need more than a drivers license for check-in on Pride of America if you are a US citizen? We won't be traveling outside of the US. I called the NCL reservation number with a different question and the rep said we need 2 proof of identity documents to board the ship. On the NCL website I understand it to say you just need a valid drivers license. Don't want any surprises when we board the ship. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I would take along your state issued birth certificate just to be on the safe side. If you have passports, take that along instead. Closed circuit cruises require either the two forms like drivers license and birth certificate or a passport. I don't think it really matters if you leave the US or not. You may be sailing in international waters during some of the cruise.

Hawaii Cruises

There’s no need for a passport when you sail on any Hawai‘i inter-island cruise. If your ship never sails beyond the islands of Hawai‘i, all you need is a government-issued photo I.D. which includes a passport or a valid driver’s license with a photo. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 do not require a government-issued photo ID.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#documentation

I would take along your state issued birth certificate just to be on the safe side. If you have passports, take that along instead. Closed circuit cruises require either the two forms like drivers license and birth certificate or a passport. I don't think it really matters if you leave the US or not. You may be sailing in international waters during some of the cruise.

That one travels in international waters is irrelevant. This cruise only calls on US ports and all a US citizen needs is a government issued photo ID.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the correct information. I just like to be covered and would go with more than required to be sure I got on the ship. We did the Hawaiian cruise but left from LA, California. Our trip required a passport since the ship had to stop in Mexico for one port before returning to LA. It was about a four hour stop and very few people got off the ship.

DL is all that's needed. Please don't forget to take it with you when you disembark at all of your ports of call as port security will check it every single time you re-board, and also your NCL-issued sea pass card. Again, every time! :)

Have fun, Hawaii no ka oi! (Hawaii is the best!)

Thanks everyone for your quick response. I am traveling with a group that mostly is in their 70's. It might be more difficult for them to get birth certificates, marriage license for name changes etc. I am organizing the trip and don't want to make any mistakes. :)