Bringing Snacks/Drinks on Board for Kids

ACR1111

Hello,

I know you are allowed to bring on board water bottles and cans of soda. Are you also allowed to bring juice boxes and snacks for kids? The days on port, since we'll be spending time at the beaches, it would be helpful to have this sort of stuff on hand. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks

I have in the past. However I overestimated the need and when we sail at the end of may the only thing I'm bringing for the kids in this area is a refillable water bottle for each, and just a few granola bars. I got them each a little backpack, they'll be carrying their own water bottles. The other time I brought a bunch of stuff and found it just didn't get eaten. I think they were so glutted from food on the ship that it just wasn't an issue.

the gift shops on board also sell a small amount of stuff (sleeves of pringles, snack mixes, candy bars mostly.... but also individual oreos and such)... we did buy a couple things there to take to the beach (before I was smart enough to pack my own!). I agree with one of the other posters though.... the kids were eating such larger than normal breakfasts that they rarely needed much!

Yes, I bring my son's yogurt, Apple sauce, and lunchable a because he's such a picky eater. Then I bring other snacks like goldfish, fruit snacks and chips along with some sandwich bags so I can fill them while we are at port for the day.

Thanks again everyone for your replies.

So, I'm allowed to carry snacks in a ziplock bag off the ship??

Thanks!

Thanks!

No, though I suppose it depends on local regulations. Generally speaking, food brought off the ship must be sealed, pre-packaged items only.

Thanks!

This is from a "What to Bring on Shore Excursion" thread on another popular blog...

13. Snacks – many times you can bring prepackaged, sealed snacks like crackers or individually wrapped granola bars. Each cruise line and port will have their own restrictions, usually printed in the daily newsletter.

I would try to have things in original packaging. The 1/2 pint milk carton packages of goldfish would be safer. Small bags of chips and small packets of nuts would be good too as they are in original sealed packaging.

Happy sailing!