Getaway Balcony Question - Cabin 9736

emilyreid09

Hello :)

I have a cruise booked for November 2015 on the Getaway, and I am so excited! We got the cabin 9736 because I noticed it had a little bigger of a balcony than the others that were available.

I have a few questions about this room.

Is it in a good location (to noise, elevators, etc)?

How much bigger is the balcony? From what I saw on some of these threads it seems like a triangular shape so I don't know if it really fits any more than the standard balcony.

Is it facing backwards? From the way it looked on the deck plan it angles out towards the back of the ship kind of. Does that make any difference to what I can see or not see? ie: will I just see the edge of the next balcony in front of us if I look forward?

And since I don't think I am on the port side, does this mean I can't watch the fireworks from here?

Any advice/info/tips would be much appreciated! Thanks so much :)

Hello :)

I have a cruise booked for November 2015 on the Getaway, and I am so excited! We got the cabin 9736 because I noticed it had a little bigger of a balcony than the others that were available.

I have a few questions about this room.

Is it in a good location (to noise, elevators, etc)? You have staterooms above and below you so there shouldn't be any noise problems. Here is a link to free site drag it decks - use the elevators to line up the decks. Most of the action is on 6, 7 and 8 and 15, 16 and 17.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Getaway&zoom=1

How much bigger is the balcony? From what I saw on some of these threads it seems like a triangular shape so I don't know if it really fits any more than the standard balcony.

Is it facing backwards? From the way it looked on the deck plan it angles out towards the back of the ship kind of. Does that make any difference to what I can see or not see? ie: will I just see the edge of the next balcony in front of us if I look forward?

See following link to a great spread sheet done for the Breakaway - sister ship to the Getaway. If you look at the line for B6 large balcony and click on the blue X in Visual Aids column then click through the slide show you'll find a photo of the ship with balcony numbers labeled. The photo will give you a better idea of the angle of the balcony. Most of the "away" ships balconies are tiny - you will have more room than most.

https://docs.google.com/a/wisertogether.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

And since I don't think I am on the port side, does this mean I can't watch the fireworks from here? Correct - fireworks are seen from port side. There is plenty of space up top or possibly from waterfront on port side. Higher is better :)

Any advice/info/tips would be much appreciated! Thanks so much :)

She is a great ship - have a wonderful cruise.