My Lucky Day - Just Won A Free Cruise (SCAM)

To you guys who think a visit from the Upgrade Fairy is a big deal, I Just got a "Final Notice" of an "Award Notification" that I had won a 'free' cruise of eight days and seven nights on RCI or NCL. Not only that, but if I called within 72 hours, they would include round trip airfare for two adults. Stated value of $1897.

I knew it was a scam when I opened the envelope. First clue, was there was no information about who was making this offer or why I was selected. Second clue, there are no free lunches. I did 'google' the telephone number and there are multiple hits describing this 'free' cruise and it is a scam to get you into a high pressure sales environment for time shares.

Thought I would give folks a heads up about this scam.

I did call RCI and NCL to let them know about this. The agents took the information to forward to the appropriate department.

I'm also posting this on the NCL forum.

Edited by RocketMan275

There are plenty of scams like this.

Had one recently about a purchase I had made from Amazon. But it did not show on the official Amazon site which lists my purchases.

We have won a free cruise with Royal Caribbean. I had sent my details as requested on an email I had from them.

Had forgotten about it when we got a phone call one morning and a confirmation email. This was from Royal Caribbean. We had an eleven night cruise from Southampton to the Canaries. This was about four years ago

Only cost was getting to Southampton.