Price drop on day of Final Payment

parislady40

New to NCL, and have checked threads, but nothing specific to this question. Our cruise is up for final payment today. I wanted to have it done and over with, or so I though, and paid just 3 days ago, prior to date of final payment(today). Today, I note that NCL has dropped the price quite a bit for the sailing. Now that I have paid, am I really SOL, or as today is the actual date of final payment, am I due... ta ta ta dahhhh ....refund. The new price is $550 lower. Just to reiterate, final payment is April 21.

Thanks

:confused:

In theory, you can cancel today without penalty, so you should be able to get the lower price. Keep in the mind the new price may not combine with your old booking promotion, but $550 is a lot of money...

Are you from the US or in Europe? The rules in Europe may be different from that in the US

Edited by nyc12345

We are under US. The same promos are still in place, and that was my thought as well. I just wanted to have the experience of you more experienced NCL cruisers, so I could have a better idea when I spoke to NCL. Yes, nyc12345, it certainly is!

Even if you cannot get a refund, I have read where some have gotten OBC and we have received upgrades. If the next higher category drops in price below what you paid, you should be able to upgrade for free (or whatever the difference is). We went from an inside to ocean view to balcony to mini-suite on our recent TA. If we could have gotten a refund, it would have been about $800 for the inside cabin by the time we sailed and when I booked I was content with that price for the cruise so was not bummed about drops. Instead we enjoyed the upgrade.

I'm pretty sure once you have made your final payment you can't get a price drop anymore, even if you made your payment before the due date. I always wait until late the day it is due to go online and pay.

Look at your confirmation form. Our final payment date is June 29 and at the bottom where it shows cancellation policy it says June 29 (final payment date) through July 18 we would lose our deposit if we canceled. I don't think it has anything to do with whether you already paid or not - it's the dates on your confirmation form. According to our form, we would get a total refund up through June 28 (day before final payment due) and lose deposit on final payment date and later - gets worse later, of course. So decide whether you will be better off if you lose your deposit. You may still come out ahead if they cancel and rebook you.