First timer! Hi!

everylastbreath

:) Hi, First time cruiser here- always resisted- didn't think I would like it but giving it a shot- Going with my daughter & 9 yr old Grandson- Norwegian Breakaway in August- Please tell me what I need to know & Also please someone tell me if I am allowed to bring unlimited bottles of wine on the boat & if they are going to charge uncorking fee even if I don't bring to dining room? is that a standard charge? because it doesn't seem worth it to bring the bottles at that price!

Also, how much are the extra packages? Dinning? and are they worth getting?

Any info you can share with me is really appreciated! Thank you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You will get better info if you ask your question in the NCL section. Some will give answers here based on knowledge of other cruise lines.

"Worth it" is subjective. For the drink packages, estimate how many of the different drinks you will consume each day and get the price for those drinks. That will let you figure which if any of the packages are for you. On the Princess section there is a spreadsheet with all their prices built in. So it is easy just to enter your likely consumption. I don't know if there is a similar tool on the NCL section

You may also want to check out the Roll Call for your cruise. There you can meet others sailing with you. To join, go to the top of this page and move the cursor over "Community". Select Roll Calls from the drop down. Scroll to your cruise line and then Click on your ship. Finally, find the thread for your sailing.

You may also want to check out the Roll Call for your cruise. There you can meet others sailing with you. To join, go to the top of this page and move the cursor over "Community". Select Roll Calls from the drop down. Scroll to your cruise line and then Click on your ship. Finally, find the thread for your sailing.

thanks!! signed up! :)

Yes you pay corkage for every bottle you take on board.

Search the threads on ncl as there are lots of info re the ubp and udp.

We did the package for drinks as we got it free but once paid for it and added up how much we'd used and had saved money but it depends w hat you drink. Pe.g doesn't inclde coffee or bottled water

The udp is worth a calculation, we added the price of the restaurants by the number we thought we'd use and opted to pay as we went instead