Cancelled cruise today.....

ms1inmw

Had been booked on Getaway in September in the Haven with our three girls. Realized a few days ago that with the decline in the Euro, it will be cheaper to take everyone on a holiday to Europe (going to Germany).

My wife and I agreed before we even had kids that we would want them to have the opportunity to travel abroad. Super excited for them to get the chance, but also, I am so bummed. Was really looking forward to being spoiled for a week.

A mixed bag for sure.

I am not sure what your plans or timetable is but there are some great cruise prices in Europe. We took one were able to cover a lot of ground and highlights in a short amount of time. Of course, it would be completely different from an interior Germany trip. Whatever you decide to do have fun!!!!!

How do you track this. We want to do a Europe vacation but have no idea where to start or what a good deal is.

I am not sure what your questions are but the exchange rate is good right now. One euro costs $1.07. As a comparison, I went a couple of years ago and one euro cost $1.33. To put it simply, the USD goes further now than it has in a while. If you go in the summer airfare is going to be higher. Hotels most likely too depending on what you are looking at. If you have the flexibility the Fall tends to be less expensive and the weather is still manageable. Of course prices are always subject to demand. I hope this helps a bit. I am happy to answer any questions you might have. It truly is a good time to go!

Had been booked on Getaway in September in the Haven with our three girls. Realized a few days ago that with the decline in the Euro, it will be cheaper to take everyone on a holiday to Europe (going to Germany).

My wife and I agreed before we even had kids that we would want them to have the opportunity to travel abroad. Super excited for them to get the chance, but also, I am so bummed. Was really looking forward to being spoiled for a week.

A mixed bag for sure.

We decided to go to Germany this year so DW could reconnect with her family (she was adopted but it was an open adoption so she knows her natural family). We are going to spend two nights in Paris on the way. So we have decided we'll do Germany one year, a cruise the next and keep alternating (and changing the city we stay in on the way there too).