NCL/Nickelodeon

Kingmaker_inc

A while back a member posted that the NCL/Nickelodeon relationship was ending. I've made a few comments about it, and other members have commented that it isn't true, noting no official press release or anything official.

So, two things:

1. If I've spread this info and it is only a rumour - I apologise; and,

2. Does anyone know where this came from and it if has any merit?

Thanks!

How dare you spread rumors!!!! :p

I think it might have been speculation since the Escape has Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle characters on the ship. Who knows. Regardless what is on the ship, the Kids Crew is amazing and provide ample entertainment for the kids.

If NCL drops Nickelodeon, or vice versa, it will not make me change my mind about our future cruise in October or any others I plan on NCL.

If NCL drops Nickelodeon, or vice versa, it will not make me change my mind about our future cruise in October or any others I plan on NCL.

I agree. Mine liked it... they enjoyed the Pajama Jam, and the dance party... but if it was not there - it would not affect their enjoyment of the cruise. They had a blast in the Kids Club.

I just feel bad that I put a comment in my Cruise Critic review that might be untrue.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

The initial poster claimed to have heard it from and NCL/Nickelodeon exec. I ddin't put much stock in his supposed source. There has been no announcement or other independent confirmation of this rumor.

It doesn't make much difference to me. My dd likes the Nick theme, but it won't make or break our travel plans. I got a kick out of the people who claimed it was their reason for booking NCL and they might cancel because of this rumor. REALLY???? If you booked a cruise solely based on a vague theme, that's a problem. The same activities can still take place without the specific Nick theme, so I don't thinkt it's all that important.

I am on the Epic right now for the TA and I asked Will the onboard Cruise Consultant and he said that NCL did not renew the contract and that Nickelodeon would be gone by the end of the year.

For the cruise I am on now there are plenty of Nickelodeon activities. There are family games on the pool deck where the "prize" is a pie in the face. There is Nickelodeon trivia where the "winner" gets a pie in the face.

There are also arts & crafts activities. The first activity was coloring Spongebob bandanas with fabric markers, and the second was coloring Spongebob and Dora canvas tote bags with fabric markers.

There are also Nick character Meet & Greets with photo taking opportunities.

There is a dedicated Nickelodeon channel in the staterooms that so far has been running the same iCarly epidsode from 2011 several times a day. At least there are no commercials.

The average age of the cruisers on this TA is 59 and I believe there are fewer than 100 children overall.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are on Nickelodeon and I think the recent movie was a Nickelodeon movie if I am not mistaken. So I would think the mini-golf course on Escape with that theme would only reinforce the relationship with Nickelodeon. But I agree. If they changed it to Peanuts, it would still be more about the kids activities, program and staff versus the characters.

I don't think its a make or break. However, to compete with Disney, Royal who has DreamWorks, Carnival who now has Dr. Suess, NCL probably should have some connection with a known family entertainment company.

Not sure what that would be. There are really only 3 big family entertainment companies and Nickelodeon is one of them. The others being Disney and DreamWorks.

Dr. Suess has memorable characters, but its not a full fledged top to bottom family entertainment company.

I think Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a Nickelodeon show. So if this is accurate, the putt putt course will obviously look different than the advertisement.

Edited by DreamingBig1

I am on the Epic right now for the TA and I asked Will the onboard Cruise Consultant and he said that NCL did not renew the contract and that Nickelodeon would be gone by the end of the year.

My daughter really loves the characters and all the Nick things they have on the ship. I would hate for them to no longer have them and hope that they decide to have SOMETHING kid related on the ship. It definitely makes for a great cruise for the little ones and something different to do.

However, to compete with Disney, Royal who has DreamWorks, Carnival who now has Dr. Suess, NCL probably should have some connection with a known family entertainment company.

I agree, I think they should have something since the other cruise lines have things as well. I hope they keep doing it.

We just got off one of the Carnival ships with Dr Seuss and it was wonderful. :)