Cruise insurance

mandymac

Hi, this may seem a really silly question but if we were to choose a cruise that just went to great british ports would we still need cruise insurance to cover medical bills?

The reason im asking is that we as a family have travel insurance but would love my parents to come on a cruise, my parents have numerous illnesses between them and basically we cant find insurers that would cover them.

Thanx for any help and advice in advance :)

This is what my cruise line says:

It is a condition of the contract that you obtain travel insurance to cover the risk of you needing medical care on board or in a foreign country. Your insurance must include cover for all pre-existing medical conditions and must cover emergency evacuations from the ship, shore hospital medical costs, and repatriation costs. It should have a limit of not less than £2 million. You should ensure that you have adequate travel insurance at time of booking.

So the answer is yes because they may need medical care on board.

I don't know if you've read the other thread on here about travel insurance? You might find some helpful information on it.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2145525

This is what my cruise line says:

It is a condition of the contract that you obtain travel insurance to cover the risk of you needing medical care on board or in a foreign country. Your insurance must include cover for all pre-existing medical conditions and must cover emergency evacuations from the ship, shore hospital medical costs, and repatriation costs. It should have a limit of not less than £2 million. You should ensure that you have adequate travel insurance at time of booking.

So the answer is yes because they may need medical care on board.

I don't know if you've read the other thread on here about travel insurance? You might find some helpful information on it.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2145525

Thanx very much Ray, i thought as much, just would mean a lot if i could go along with them on a cruise :( I have tried lots and lots of different companies and as they have so many medical problems and they are seventy seven they are not willing to cover them or if they are its a stupid amount.