If I Change My Stateroom, Will I lose Freestyle Choice Promotion Benefits?

GarudaSoars

This is our first cruise with NCL. Have done one cruise before on RC.

I called up NCL directly to book a suite on the Norwegian Jade for a January 2016 sailing. The NCL rep told us that as there are only wheelchair-accessible suites available in the suite category we asked for, he is giving us one of those and the same will have a shower instead of a bathtub. Fair enough. I did confirm if it was fine I am taking a wheelchair-accessible suite and he said yes as there are plenty of other wheelchair-accessible suites available.

My question is, if a normal suite in the same suite category opens up in the future (possibly closer to 90 days before sail date, can I call NCL and have the same changed? If I do that, will I lose all the Freestyle Choice Promotion benefits I have received with my current booking as the promotion may not be active then?

Thank you for your help.

I believe you will, as it is technically a cancel and rebook, if this does come up and the current promo is of equal or greater value to YOU than by all means jump all over it, but if you lose to much of what matters to you, sit tight and enjoy your cruise

*Living Large*

Handicap cabins sometimes have less furniture than other suites to provide room for wheelchairs/mobility assistance devices. The shower will be a flat roll in floor as a wheelchair cannot go over the lip of a typical stall shower. There likely will be drain in the bathroom floor. It is possible the toilet could be raised to make it easier for mobility challenged people to use.

Edited by sail7seas

Not sure whether your plan will work or not. Rather than take a chance ask your PCC to give you in writing that you can make a lateral move (same category to same category) in the future and keep your promotion. Not sure if they will give that to you and it might give you a better idea if they will honor your request in the future. I don't think the PCC will give you a written guaranty for a future move.

Odds are, even if a regular suite in the category you want opens up at some point, unless you are constantly checking the availability it will probably be booked by someone else before you even know it is available.

I would just enjoy that extra big suite ( and bigger balcony? ) and not worry about it. We have been in an accessible suite and the storage was more than sufficient.

Thank you everybody for the reply. So instead of calling, at the day of departure, is it possible for me to request a stateroom change if there is availability at the check-in terminal? If I do it then, will it affect anything in the reservation? (as in technically no cancellation and re-booking).

Also, do I call in advance and request that all normal amenities (such as couch and dining table for 2) be present in the cabin or is that something that needs to be requested only once on board?

I will be completely happy if the stateroom change is not possible but checking on whatever options I can try.

Thank you again for all your help in making our first NCL cruise and first suite experience memorable.

This is our first cruise with NCL. Have done one cruise before on RC.

I called up NCL directly to book a suite on the Norwegian Jade for a January 2016 sailing. The NCL rep told us that as there are only wheelchair-accessible suites available in the suite category we asked for, he is giving us one of those and the same will have a shower instead of a bathtub. Fair enough. I did confirm if it was fine I am taking a wheelchair-accessible suite and he said yes as there are plenty of other wheelchair-accessible suites available.

My question is, if a normal suite in the same suite category opens up in the future (possibly closer to 90 days before sail date, can I call NCL and have the same changed? If I do that, will I lose all the Freestyle Choice Promotion benefits I have received with my current booking as the promotion may not be active then?

Thank you for your help.

I can't sware I am right, but we just did this a couple of days ago and we did not lose our promo. According to our TA as long as we did not downgrade we would be ok. We did not and did keep our UBP.