Eastern Caribbean

ladycaveat

I love the Western Caribbean . . . so much to do. No so sure about the Eastern Caribbean. I've been to Nassau several times and wasn't impressed (straw market was sort of scary with all the aggressive sellers) and St. Thomas was okay if you wanted to buy jewelery (I don't need anymore jewlery) . . . never been to St. Maaten. Help! :o

Well there's a whole lot more to St. Thomas than buying jewelery! Go to Magens bay, or over to St. John.

St. Maarten is a gorgeous island. Orient Beach is a gorgeous beach. Marigot on the French side is very nice. Maho Beach is a trip, the planes land almost on top of you (it's just off the end of the airport runway).

Well there's a whole lot more to St. Thomas than buying jewelery! Go to Magens bay, or over to St. John.

St. Maarten is a gorgeous island. Orient Beach is a gorgeous beach. Marigot on the French side is very nice. Maho Beach is a trip, the planes land almost on top of you (it's just off the end of the airport runway).

How far is St. John from St. Thomas? My cousin has a time share at St. John and I know she loves to spend time there. Hum . . . maybe I should give her a call . . . embarrassed to say that I haven't talked to her in years.

Will check out Orient Beach . . . thanks.

ladycaveat .... Nassau has never been one of our favorites either. :rolleyes: On our upcoming cruise we'll probably just go to the VERY close beach at the British Colonial Hilton.

St.Maarten is one of our FAVORITE islands! If you're considering going to Orient Beach, you might find this thread helpful ... (the beach bars rent the chairs, etc.):

ORIENT BEACH! Favorite Beach Bars (click here)

Hope this helps a bit! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

ladycaveat .... Nassau has never been one of our favorites either. :rolleyes: On our upcoming cruise we'll probably just go to the VERY close beach at the British Colonial Hilton.

St.Maarten is one of our FAVORITE islands! If you're considering going to Orient Beach, you might find this thread helpful ... (the beach bars rent the chairs, etc.):

ORIENT BEACH! Favorite Beach Bars (click here)

Hope this helps a bit! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

It did help . . . thanks so much for these threads . . . .

Archived