Stingrays without snorkeling

smd104

I am interested in swimming with stingrays but not snorkeling. Is there a tour with that as a focus vs the snorkeling tour? Also do not want to pay for snorkeling tour and not snorkel. Thanks for suggestions?

When I went you didn't have to snorkel. It wasn't really snorkeling. It was basically putting on a mask and snorkel and sticking your face in the water so you could see the stingrays underwater. There were no fish or reefs to see. So it really wasn't an extra part of the excursion. I don't know if yours is different where you go somewhere else and actually snorkel.

I am interested in swimming with stingrays but not snorkeling. Is there a tour with that as a focus vs the snorkeling tour? Also do not want to pay for snorkeling tour and not snorkel. Thanks for suggestions?

You could to the Stingray and Island tour with Native Way as it does not have a snorkeling stop.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/about-our-tours

Their description (same as behind the link):

Stingray and Island

Discover the often overlooked land-based treasures of the island and experience the thrill of swimming with the ‘rays at Stingray City Sandbar, all in one excursion.

Our favourite land and sea option combines Native Way’s Grand Island Tour with a trip to Stingray Sandbar, the only place in the world where you can not only see, but swim among, up to 40 Southern Atlantic stingrays.

Our modern, air-conditioned buses, and friendly local guides, will take you to the world-famous Turtle Farm, Tortuga Rum Factory, 7 Mile Beach, and Governor’s House. You’ll also go to Hell and back, but only after cooling off in the crystal-clear, calm waters of Stingray City. You are able to swim under, over and among the rays, and our instructors will show you how to pet, hand-feed and snorkel alongside these friendly creatures.

10:00am – 2:00pm*

11:30am - 3:30pm* Friday

As others have mentioned, you do not actually snorkel at Stingray City. In fact, you are not allowed to wear fins there.

All you need to do is book an excursion either through the ship or private that does not include an additional stop to snorkel. :)

LuLu

Most Grand Cayman stingray excursions that I saw through the cruise or through independent operators have a beach or snorkeling component. I have been to Grand Cayman twice and each time I did an excursion which included Stingray City plus something else on the island. One excursion included snorkeling at a nearby reef and Seven Mile Beach. Another excursion included the Cayman Turtle Farm.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the tour that we did that doesn't involve snorkeling or swimming with dolphins. What it does have is a walk through their nature trail which has beautiful birds and you can view their National Geographic photo exhibit if you so wish but the tour is solely about Stingray City, you get there, you go to Stingray City and come back then you get to go do your other things.