room service fee

coldferret

If their goal was to cut down on room service, why did they add all those new food items to the RS menu?

Also, if the goal is to cut room service, why can't you take food to your room any longer? My wife was taking some fruit from O'Sheehan's on the Epic this afternoon and got stopped. She was told you can't take food yo your room, but you can order it from room service. ***? The food she would have eaten later got thrown away, and she never bothered to call for more, she just got annoyed. How is this FreeStyle?

Also, if the goal is to cut room service, why can't you take food to your room any longer? My wife was taking some fruit from O'Sheehan's on the Epic this afternoon and got stopped. She was told you can't take food yo your room, but you can order it from room service. ***? The food she would have eaten later got thrown away, and she never bothered to call for more, she just got annoyed. How is this FreeStyle?

Wow, really? What did she do? Over a piece of fruit .... I would have laughed and kept walking.

Edited by SissasMomE

Rochelle, can you find where soneone actually was charged 18% and a 7.95. I have been following this pretty close but that must have gone over my head. I have trouble believing they would charge both. Yes, hotels do, buy not $7.95 plus, maybe $3 plus gratuities. I guess we will just have to wait and see from someone who posts and is objective about the charges and not completely negative or completely "go NCL"

I can show you where someone on the Getaway during the testing phase was charged the convenience fee + the 18%. They had no other for charge items just complementary room service items. Here is a link to their report/review;

Review with room service and 18% charges

Here is a link to a thread I started on the subject with some more discussion of the issue;

Follow up thread

They have added an 18% charge on just about everything else on board so this does not surprise me.

Rochelle

Edited by rochelle_s

Who said the goal was to cut room service?

Their goal is to increase revenue. A conclusion supported by passengers no longer being allowed to take food back to their staterooms.

Exactly. A poster above said that about wanting to cut room service that's not happening.

Geri