Singles w/ Kids cruises?????

Cavecreektbear

Hi All..

I want to travel on a cruise as a single parent with kids..

has anyone done a "singles" cruise?? Ever run into a line who does a singles w/ kids crusie??

Where do you find the best prices for this?

Here's a BIG question....

Have any of you ever done a regular singles cruise where someone has taken thier kids?? Did you want to murder the person for bringing their kids? Was that person the only one at the singles events with kids, or at dinners??

I plan on hiring on board sitters, but they would be with me at dinner.....

I would love to take my daughters on a crusie, but dread being the only single adult on the ship, so a "singles" cruise would be great, maybe some other Mom's or Dad's to talk to and do stuff with...

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Terri

Its not a singles cruise, but our August 19, 2006 Cruise Critic group cruise on the Caribbean Princess has several single women and men booked in our group. The Caribbean Princess is a great ship for kids as well, with a great kids program and teen center and lots of activities. We'll be doing an Eastern Caribbean intinerary which includes St. Thomas, St. Martin, and Princess Cay--all great ports for singles as well as families.

So if the date works for you, consider joining our Cruise Critic group cruise. You can take advantage of group pricing and get additional amenities including shipboard credit. There is also a sailaway party and a meet and mingle. However, you can do as much or as little with the group as you want. There is no group dining--you dine when you want. But you can get together with others in the group for activities, dining, and shore excursions if you want.

We also have a group forum so you and your kids can get to know others who are sailing before the cruise. If there is enough interest from the singles who book, we can plan some single activities and also singles who are part of the group and want to plan some activities can post those.

For more information, click on the links below or email me at kacruiser@ev1.net.

I am cruising alone with my son next week. As far as pricing goes I had to pay full adult fare for him as there are only two of us. If you had 2 children you would pay full fare for one child and the second child would be at the discounted child rate. This is true for most resorts and package vacations as well.

• 2 weeks later...

We've gotten a special promotion for the Cruise Critic group cruise I mentioned in earlier posts: Book the the August 19, 2006 Caribbean Princess Cruise Critic group cruise by Sept. 30 for only a $100 pp deposit!!! In addition to great group pricing you also get shipboard credit of $50 per cabin ($25 pp double occupancy) and other amenities!! Plus, those booking by Sept. 30 will also receive a Princess coupon book!!!

The Caribbean Princess is the only seven day cruise Princess is offering in the Caribbean next summer and HAL and Celebrity aren't positioning any ships in the Caribbean next summer. So availability for the Caribbean next summer is going to be much more limited than this year and you should book early, especially if you want one of the more desirable cabins--whichever ship/sailing you choose.

For more information, click on the links below or email me at kacruiser@ev1.net..

Archived