Has Carnival Victory broken down in Cozumel

BermudaMom

It sure was a long day in Cozumel. Between 3 - 4 pm the ship lost power to majority of its services. The power was not fully restored until about 9pm. At this point although power was restored the ships network was still down. The line to board the ship was 2+ hours as they only allowed their 2700+ passengers to board 5 people at a time as they took everyone's information by hand. The metal detector was broken so passengers were wanded and frisked slowly. By the time most passengers boarded it was after 10 pm and they had closed the resturant and majority of buffets. If you were ok with some truly half-azzed pizza or burned burgers and dogs then you wouldn't have to starve, otherwise you were out of luck. It took until around 11:30 before internet was restored. My 75 year old parents who were watching our 5 children were relieved to finally hear from us 5.5 hours after our missed checkin. The boat has left port safe and sound however the crew and management have done absolutely nothing to compensate the 2700+ passengers for this incredible and significant inconveinace. Needless to say we will not be travelling with carnival again after this and many other grievances. I will be writing reviews on every cruise site I can find upon completion of this voyage. Truly truly disappointing.

Hope your next cruise is on a cruiseline that has never had a problem of some kind.

Oh, wait, there probably aren't any with perfect records.

I'm sorry that your parents had 5 kids to worry about while you were on shore. I'm not being sarcastic. I'm sure they were worried about you guys.

Edited by Sparky2

My husband and I were "stranded" in Galveston one year before we ever boarded due to fog. We didn't get on until 12:30 the next morning. We were very tired having woke up early the morning before to drive to Galveston. Carnival gave us a $25 obc for the missed lunch but I didn't expect anything from them. I made a point to be kind and courteous to the port workers and employees on board because I knew they were tired too. They were very friendly and helpful and I'm sure they appreciated people not being rude. The captain worked hard too and we made it to all of our ports, just in reverse order. I think Carnival works to make everyone happy, but sometimes people expect too much.

All Carnival ships have now been equipped with emergency generators ever since the stranding of the Splendor several years ago. I am sure that things will be OK. At least they are in port. Carnival will take care of their passengers. They always do.

Actually it was the Triumph engine room fire that brought in the addition of CAT generators and not the Splendor's.