Weight Limit on the ropes course?

I've been researching the Magic, since that's our next ship to sail on here in a little over a month and one of the things I'm excited about is the ropes course. I'm in decent shape, but still...well..fluffy at about 190 lbs. Is there a weight limit for the ropes course?

I'm going to try and get my son (who normally hates this kind of thing) to try it also if I can. I think once he gets used to the feeling of the harness and stuff, he'll be alright if I'm right behind him.

I'm right at 6'3" and 300 pounds and they didn't look at me twice on the Magic last year when I went on the ropes course. I forget what the weight limit was, but I know I was well over it. Definitely try it out, it was a lot of fun.

I was the director of a ropes course for two years, our course was made up (mostly) of parts with the ability to tow most airliners and the dynamic ropes we kept to a factor of 10 for the safety rating on top of the manufacturer's 2x... if you can fit it in the harness you could probably set a buick up there. ..

• 11 months later...

I see this was 300 in the fall of 2015. Does anyone know if they lowered the weight limit since then? Im right at 300, and will have no problem being below 300, but I see the website says 275.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1145/~/sportsquare

Can anyone confirm if this is changed on the ships signs and if they are enforcing it?

I see this was 300 in the fall of 2015. Does anyone know if they lowered the weight limit since then? Im right at 300, and will have no problem being below 300, but I see the website says 275.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1145/~/sportsquare

Can anyone confirm if this is changed on the ships signs and if they are enforcing it?

Don't worry. They don't have a scale at the ropes course. Depending upon your size, they may not have a safety harness large enough. I wear one of those safety harnesses all day every day at height. Chances are, unless you are "extremely" large, they will have a harness that will adjust to fit you properly.

Go enjoy the ropes course. It's a lot of fun. :D