Queen Victoria Daily Programmes

tottoncruiser

I really must get my act together as I've no idea how to do that , however, I do have some recent backdated copies from Q. Vic.

Is there anything special that you are interested in or would like to know.

:)

I really must get my act together as I've no idea how to do that , however, I do have some recent backdated copies from Q. Vic.

Is there anything special that you are interested in or would like to know.

Ooh could I jump in please and ask about dancing in the Queens Room. We sailed twice last year on Queen Elizabeth and really enjoyed the live evening music for dancing to the resident band and singer, Paul Richie. We are sailing for two weeks this summer on Queen Victoria for the first time and hoping there is a similar set up. Would you mind looking at your programmes and see what their alternative is. Many thanks

You couldn't have asked a better question as I'm a dancer too ;)

You can be sure of the same set up ! Evenings in the Queens Ballroom are usually consistent across the fleet of the three Cunard Queens.

Ballroom/Latin dancing (to a live band) begins at 7.45 and will a break at 8.30 (strict tempo music by tape ) until it begins again at 9.15 until late ( 11.30/12 ish)

If you also enjoy Sequence Dancing ? On alternative evenings, Sequence dancing takes place at 7.45 -8.30 ( pre, late dinner sitting) ..Incidentally, if you are an avid sequence dancer, make this known to the Social Hostess who will arrange sequence dancing more often than only on alternative evenings .

I can't promise you Paul Richie ;) as my backdated programme featured Paul Christopher ..who I believe is not quite the flavour of the month lol ;)

Hi

thank you for your reply,

We were really wanting to know what kind of daytime tournaments were listed e.g Table Tennis, Short mat bowls, Golf putting, Quoits, Shuffleboard etc? do they still host these kind of events after the refit?

Many Thanks

Darren

Just to add Tangoqueen , You can be sure of the same evenings of elegance & grandeur in the Queens Room. e.g.Black & white ball/ Ascot ball etc or the 175 ball for voyages in 2015 (theme black & gold )

10.15 ish .. Featuring the usual dance exhibition by the onboard international dance couple.

Hi

thank you for your reply,

We were really wanting to know what kind of daytime tournaments were listed e.g Table Tennis, Short mat bowls, Golf putting, Quoits, Shuffleboard etc? do they still host these kind of events after the refit?

Many Thanks

Darren

Hello Darren, You can be sure that Cunard ( Q.Victoria) have the following; Table Tennis, Deck Quoits,Shuffleboard and what they call Golf Chipping ( there is no golf putting area on the Cunard fleet that I'm aware of )

They do indeed hold tournaments/ competitions throughout the day (but only during days at sea) the times are flexible and you will find these in the programme of your particular voyage.

You should make your self know to the Sports Director on the first morning after embarkation. He/she are at the guests disposal and will arrange any activities you want.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/Onboard_Activities

A range of sporting activities are available including:

On all ships:

Table Tennis

Paddle tennis (The paddle tennis court is approximately 7m x 13m)

Shuffleboard

Quoits

Golf (Chipping, putting & target nets)

Hooplah

Baggo (Queen Victoria & Queen Mary 2)

Croquet (Queen Elizabeth)

Short Mat Bowls (Queen Elizabeth)

Darts (Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mary 2)

Silly Bowling (Queen Mary 2)

Soccer & Cricket (Queen Mary 2)

Deck 10 Pin Bowling (Queen Victoria)

Sports equipment is provided free of charge and are available at their locations between 9am and 5pm. Organised tournaments and social play get togethers are advertised in the Daily Programme

Golf Simulators

On Queen Mary 2 there are two golf simulators which are available for guests to book privately for a half or full hour. Each simulator offers the chance to virtually play on over 35 golf courses which are mainly based in the USA and Britain as well as the famous Valderamal. The charge (confirmed onboard) is not applied per person playing, but rather for the time booked, therefore up to eight players can play for the same cost. On the simulators, a complimentary golf competition is held each sea day.

Thank you very much Bell Boy, I shall have to look for some reviews of Paul Christopher, Paul Richie was excellent and even remembered us when we sailed again 3 months later. I am sure we shall adapt well to the other Paul, it really is a highlight of our cruise. Although we will go for some sequence dancing our preference lies with the ballroom and Latin, but so long as we can dance something we will be happy. It also helps dissolve some of those extra calories on board, but does put a stop to the extra glass of wine at dinner if I don't want to make a holy show of myself on the dance floor. My husband is a bit concerned that I won't be able to drink my share of the generous obc but I'm sure we will manage somehow :)