My Review of the Quantum - 4/12/15 Sailing

After reading so many negative reviews on the Quantum I felt compelled to write my own.

First a little background, I am 59 years old and was sailing with two other couples all who have cruised multiple times and four of us on just about every line. This was our third RCCL cruise. I will not include the ports in this review but if anyone has any questions, please ask.

Embarkation was a breeze. We had a check-in time of 12:15, arrived at 11:15 and walked on the ship. Never even sat down. We had lunch in Two70 while we waited for our rooms to be ready at 1:00. Our rooms were ready promptly at 1:00 and we went straight to the cabin to check it out. We were in balcony cabin 11294 and found it to be spacious with tons of storage. We had so much room that I even used an empty drawer as a hamper. Bathroom shower seemed bigger than normal and I loved the foot bar. Things I did not see on here that I would have liked to have known is that the bathroom has a built-in nightlight. No need to bring one. They DO give you all of the toiletries you need and I did not have to ask. My only complaint with this room is that we could hear toilets flushing in the evenings and mornings. Not enough to want to change cabins but it was annoying. Our room steward was amazing. Could not have asked for more.

We had reservations for dinner most nights but had no trouble changing them if needed even same day. We also had no trouble getting in to dinner without reservations and we had a party of 6. Service was excellent in all dining rooms with Chic being the worst in our experience. We ate in all complimentary restaurants at least twice and enjoyed each one. Chops was excellent as well as Jamies. The longest we were ever at dinner was 2 hours but most nights we were out in 1 1/2 hours. Dynamic Dining is a little inconvenient with having to make reservations but honestly we had no problems when we did not have them. I have to say in my opinion the food was excellent in all restaurants. No complaints.

Entertainment hands down was the best on any ship we have been on. From Starwater and Sonic Odyssey to Mamma Mia. Comedian was excellent, Quest was a blast and so on. Savannah Jack was an awesome band. There is always something to do on this ship. If you are bored it is your own fault. Dru is a great cruise director. Very visible, personable and involved. All entertainment staff was great. Loved the trivia and there was lots of it. Dru even did his own sports trivia. We did the bumper cars, Northstar, IFly, climbed the wall, played ping pong, etc.

I honestly would have to look for something bad to say about this cruise. It was a fabulous 13 days. The crew was among the friendliest I have ever sailed with. And I did see drink waiters at the pool quite often. Not as much as in the past but they were there. The deck patrol were also monitoring towels left on the lounges but not consistently. I did see them remove towels on more than one occasion. And in fact they warned us in the morning when we dropped our towels off and went to get coffee to bring back that we had to be back in 30 minutes. We were back in 15 and they were leaving notes on lounges with towels.

All in all I have no complaints except the sound of the toilets flushing and it did not affect our cruise one bit. We all thought it was a great trip and probably our best cruise to date.

Nice reading your review. We originally had this cruise booked but had to cancel right before final payment. We had booked it well more than a year in advance and was really looking forward to it.

My Dad with ALZ moved in with us recently and we already had 2 cruises booked but had to cancel one. Two cruises (12 day and then 10 day a few weeks later) would have been too much for respite care for him, not to mention the added stress on him and us.

After reading so many awful reviews and comments about Quantum, it's refreshing to read you had a great time. Thank you.

Maybe we'll get to cruise on Anthem in the future but no cruise for us next year... it's WDW with our son, DIL and grandson. I will certainly get cruise withdrawal.