Puerto Vallarta - Hotel Krystal

Krazy Kruizers

I've stayed at the Krystal on a land vacation. The hotel is 5 minutes from the cruise terminal. I have no idea what they charge for a day pass. The place is huge and there are many pools and a beach that's OK. Personally I wouldnt' stay there in the future because the rooms need renovations and because it's way too big. That being said, I bet it would be a fine place to spend the day while visiting PV on a cruise ship.

They didn't charge anything for day use. The first time we took a cab as it was a very hot day and it pulled up in front and they asked where our luggage was and we said we were from the ship and went right in and to the pool. The second time we walked the back way through the side gate. Beautiful pools with swim up bar, built in loungers in the water and a nice restaurant. We loved it. If you go wear your swim suit under your clothes as there is no changing room (that I was told of) - only a bathroom and that was hard.

Go thru the chain link fence past the flea market and towards the right. Go down the cobblestone street all the way to the end is the side entrance to the Krystal. We went there in June and just said we were from the ship and walked to some lounge chairs by the pool and overlooking the beach and had a pina colada each and that was all we paid for. We plan on going back again in Feb. I have an old post here somewhere that might have pictures on it still.

Krazy: Let me add to Piglet's directions, that gate is a bit hard to find. Go around the right side of the circular bldg at the bottom of the gangway, across the square in front of the flea market, and walk towards the big white wall with a yellow wall behind it. Go to the left end of the white wall and through that gate, then down the cobblestone back street to the end, where you will see the Krystal sign welcoming cruisers, free day use. A guard greets you as you go in. Lovely place, pretty pools, rather weak drinks, BYO towel. Crew use it too, make your steward a napkin animal :-)

(You can see the route standing at the railing on an upper deck of the ship.)

Archived