$5 day social media question

tea4ular

My friend asked and I didnt know...we heard about a $5 per day social media package -

1. Must you buy it for all days or can you pick & choose?

2. Which sites does it apply to?

3. Is there a time limit (ie: 20 minutes to post)?

Anything else we should know?

If it makes a difference we'll be on the Magic.

You can do it by the day or the entire cruise.

It works for fb, fb messenger, twitter and a couple of others I can't remember.

There are also 2 other levels for Internet access if you need more that the social media option

Edited by BarJen

You can purchase by the day for $5 each, or for a whole cruise $25.

It's unlimited time on.

Works for Fb, fb messengee, Twitter, snapchat, instagram and what's app (texting app) oh and LinkedIn.

Not sure what ships have it, we got off the Breeze and it was awesome, worked well.. a bit slow during the day but we figured everyone was using it while sitting in deck chairs lol. At night it worked great right before bed lol

You can purchase by the day for $5 each, or for a whole cruise $25.

It's unlimited time on.

Works for Fb, fb messengee, Twitter, snapchat, instagram and what's app (texting app) oh and LinkedIn.

Not sure what ships have it, we got off the Breeze and it was awesome, worked well.. a bit slow during the day but we figured everyone was using it while sitting in deck chairs lol. At night it worked great right before bed lol

This Is great news. This way I can write my reviews pretty much LIVE, with loads of pictures, for little $$. This should explode!

Going on Freedom in 12 days. Does this only work when the ship is at sea or does it work when docked as long as you are on the ship? Also, did you just leave your phone in airplane mode and Wifi, so not to be charge any roaming fees? Thanks!

Going on Freedom in 12 days. Does this only work when the ship is at sea or does it work when docked as long as you are on the ship? Also, did you just leave your phone in airplane mode and Wifi, so not to be charge any roaming fees? Thanks!

Yes leave it on wifi mode to not incur any roaming charges. Also it works at sea and at port, but yes only while you are on the ship.

This doesn't allow you to access email though correct?

They state only social media sites, so I never tried my email. Yet, the last night I went to the hub computers to check into our flight and they were not working. So for the heck of it I tried on my phone and had no prob checking in from that email. So maybe? lol

This was on Freedom 11/29/14 sailing...

15799235178_a8aa60a543_c.jpg

I did the $60 plan even though I didn't need to. Next time, if I do it at all, it will be the Social plan. I have no need or desire to check my email!

Don't know what ships it's on. I know there are already several threads about it.

I had an inside cabin on Riviera and had no problem with connecting there. Other times, elsewhere, I couldn't, but all I did was log off and log back in and it was fine.

Search this board. I use the Advanced Search for most things and it actually works reasonably well. OK, sometimes it works well.

At the bottom of the pic it gives you the instructions. You simply go to the login and select the plan you want. Probably have to put in your folio number. Billed to your S&S card.