Just off the Adventure....Aruba Route..Any questions?

hardingk

Just off the Adventure this morning....Aruba Route..Any questions?

Did the Aruba route a few years ago and one of the highlights was our visit to the Natural Bridge... I read on line last week that it collapsed.... did you visit that area at all?

Emmy

We are on the Adventure Oct 9---Barbados trip. Who is the captain now--how were the shows--anyone special for the shows--any information would be appreciated!! Thanks

Tootsie

I forgot his name but have it in the papers packed in the suit cases. will find out for you. Highly recommend Portofinos it was awesome!!!! DOn't get to the pier before 1, esp if you are not plat, diamond or in a suite, boarding took over an hour for us and we didn't get there till after 12:30 and we are Diamond members!

Did the Aruba route a few years ago and one of the highlights was our visit to the Natural Bridge... I read on line last week that it collapsed.... did you visit that area at all?

Emmy

Yes, the natural bridge collapsed on Friday, Sept 2nd at 6AM. We did a 4x4 Jeep Tour (It was awesome) that went to the Natural Bridge and they didn't tell us until we got there that it had collapsed. At least no one was on it when it happened. We were just there in January on the Brilliance and got to see the bridge then, so now we have before and after pictures. :(

Yes, the natural bridge collapsed on Friday, Sept 2nd at 6AM. We did a 4x4 Jeep Tour (It was awesome) that went to the Natural Bridge and they didn't tell us until we got there that it had collapsed. At least no one was on it when it happened. We were just there in January on the Brilliance and got to see the bridge then, so now we have before and after pictures. :(

Hope you had a great trip! Can't wait for your review....We are doing this route in October, was wondering did you see the natural swimming pool in aruba? Did you rent a jeep on your own or booked an excursion? Did you do any other excursions at the other islands? I read you didn't feel the food in the dining room was very good maybe you could let us know was it the actual food/selection/service? Any information on the ship would be great! Did you find the pool area busy? Thanks!:)

Hope you had a great trip! Can't wait for your review....Thanks, should have it done tomorrow or mid-week!We are doing this route in October, was wondering did you see the natural swimming pool in aruba?We didn't go to it but others did and said it was nice. Did you rent a jeep on your own or booked an excursion? We did the 4x4 half day Jeep Safari Excursion through the ship. It was awesome we really enjoyed it. We would recommend doing it through an excursion rather then on your own. On our way back to the ship from the excursion, we saw an accident with someone from the ship who had rented a jeep. They were going to fast around a corner and drove into a dump truck that was coming around the corner the other way. They went to the hospital, not sure if they made it back onto the ship....so stick with the excursion....they are some rough roads and you might need the help if you get stuck some where!Did you do any other excursions at the other islands? We also did the pub crawl in Aruba at night, snorkeling in Curaco (best we have ever seen on all of my 13 cruises!!!), Duck tour in St. Maarten, and then in St. Thomas we did the Sky Ride and the Megan's Bay Beach Getaway, They were all good & highly recommend them. Will give more details in my review about them each.I read you didn't feel the food in the dining room was very good maybe you could let us know was it the actual food/selection/service? The service was good, it was the menus, they were just lacking, sometimes there was nothing on it that was appealing, espeically on the second formal night.....I was ready to go to Johny Rockets...thats how bad it was!!! Portofino's was AWESOME!!! I REALLY RECOMMEND THAT!!! Any information on the ship would be great!Ship was beautiful and we really enjoyed her! She has some wear and tear that we saw, but the staff was great. Did you find the pool area busy?Pool Area was busy on the St. Thomas day and the first sea day,,,,the other days there were lots of empty chairs.....however, bc of all the "locals" onboard....they were rude and jumping in ontop of you and splashing all around....NO MANNERS AT ALL! Thanks!:)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Did you buy any booze @ the port store and carry it on? If so, did you have any problems ??:)

No we didn't buy any as we know that they will take it away from you before you board. But there were lots of people from the store solicting business to everyone waiting to board the ship!

Did you stay in San Juan pre cruise or post cruise? If so what hotel did you stay at?

Both, we stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in San Juan for 1 night prior and then we got a day rate again the day we got off the ship to hang out at the hotel before our flight. It is right next to the airport. All details will be in my review.

Glad to hear you had a good time .... we are eagerly counting down the days until we leave for this ship in October. There seems to be a lot of conflicting info regarding embarkation ..... what time were you able to get on the ship and approximately how long did it take?

Thanks ... look forward to reading your review!:)

I can't believe that they didn't tell you about the bridge.

Archived