Hair appliances - from UK

LoopyLou66

Hi all. Not long till our first ever cruise, on the Epic. I had a question for UK cruisers in particular - I've seen a post where someone said their hair tongs didn't work at all on board and I wondered whether this might just be an isolated incident and/or have you successfully used various hair appliances on board (with the obvious adaptor as necessary)? I'd like to bring my 'Big hair' brush and 'Curl secret' curler - any experience with these? As, of course, I couldn't make them work in the Caribbean in the past, presumably to do with voltage etc! :)

Thanks ladies, Louise

They need to be multi voltage.

My original GHDs wouldn't heat up but I bought the newer version a couple of years ago and have had no problems.

If your appliances wouldn't work in the Caribbean they may not work on board.

The GHD IV came out about 8 or 9 years ago. The versions before then weren't multi voltage.

In a previous job I spent 1 out of every 4 weeks in the US and it wasn't until the mark IVs came out that I could use them there.

Ive got some cheap hair straighteners these are multi voltage and have worked on all my European cruises . Does the Epic have US plug sockets or European? or both? Ive got plug adapters for both

EPIC has both. We had two of each under the coffee pot in a minisuite