Cabin Assignment Gty

MrBill64

I booked an oceanview OK gty on the Jade and was pleasantly surprised to receive my cabin assignment today, more than 70 days from sailing. I am very happy with my cabin, so my question is can I make sure I am not "upgraded" to another outside cabin before my sail date? If NCL decides to assign me a different cabin, would I be consulted first?

I totally understand booking a gty I am at the mercy of the cruise line in assigning my cabin, but AFTER they assign me a cabin am I still at their mercy?

Bill

From what I understand when you are booked into a guarantee you can have your room assigned at any time up until the day before the sailing. If they already assigned it I'm sure they can reassign it again, either up or down, based on other inventory needs. 70+ days out is quite a long time and I'm certain things may change. I don't think they'll call you and ask if they can change your assignment though.

Once a GTY is assigned, it is almost always not going to change, unless it is an accessible cabin that is needed by someone else with a need, up to check in time at the pier. Except for a paid upgrade to a different n higher category with the upsell fairy.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

Thanks for the replies. This is not a handicap cabin but as far as obstructed view cabins, the location, imho, can't be beat. The main concern we had was location of the cabin not the view. That is the main reason I really would not like to change from this assigned cabin (unless the upgrade/upsell fairy offered us a deal we couldn't refuse ;) ) . I will keep checking my account and maybe give my TA a call and advise her of my wishes and see if she can note them on my booking.

BTW, having a GTY cabin assignment so far out (a few days after final payment but 74 days before sail date), is this normal for NCL? On a few past cruises when booking a GTY on Princess I did not get my cabin assignments until about 10 days before cruising.

Bill

Thanks for the replies. This is not a handicap cabin but as far as obstructed view cabins, the location, imho, can't be beat. The main concern we had was location of the cabin not the view. That is the main reason I really would not like to change from this assigned cabin (unless the upgrade/upsell fairy offered us a deal we couldn't refuse ;) ) . I will keep checking my account and maybe give my TA a call and advise her of my wishes and see if she can note them on my booking.

BTW, having a GTY cabin assignment so far out (a few days after final payment but 74 days before sail date), is this normal for NCL? On a few past cruises when booking a GTY on Princess I did not get my cabin assignments until about 10 days before cruising.

Bill

There is no normal with GTY's at all . ;)

I see, if you like the location of this non-accessible GTY cabin with obstructed view, which is typically deck 8 - good for you (1 extra star for mid-ship, for sideway and for near O'Sheehan's, LOL) and you have a specific cabin # now.

Have your TA called & ask NCL to note in your reservations to NOT reassign or move your stateroom without notifying you first (others've done it with success, we haven't done it)

Like biker's comment, there is no normal for GTY and yeah, :p :D

We booked an obstructed OV, to be assigned - deck 8 and got move down to deck5 FWD, with a big porthole - it worked out great for our 10 days to the Caribbean with a Nor-easter the week after Sandy, one heck of a roller coaster ride & loved it on the lower deck.

Enjoy your cruise.

So you made me look, and our OV GTY is now 5232! I was expecting deck 5, so it wasn't a shock. Seems to be under the big space/hallway near the Spiegel Tent. Will bring earplugs just in case!

BTW, currently 61 days out.

Edited by tiggrbaby