Which Cruise ship??

gogo2016

Hi there, we are looking to do a Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon in October 2016 but would love some recommendations as to which Cruise ship? We are looking at the Oasis of the Sea but open to others suggestions as we don't have a clue.

Going to do Las Vegas for 3 nights after the cruise also too

TIA

gogo

In order to give you a good recommendation we would need to now what you are looking for. There will be dozens of ships sailing around the Caribbean in October. Are you looking for lots of active on board activities? More laid-back activities? Do you want high-end cuisine or is banquet-style food just fine? Mega ship with thousands of fellow passengers? Intimate ship with just a few hundred? Very casual dress? Prefer more formal?

As the above poster said, it's helpful to know what you are looking for in a cruise. As to the Oasis of the Seas - I was skeptical of such a huge ship but my husband really wanted to sail on her. Long story short - I was completely blown away. Loved it!

Get a guide book like Fodor's or Frommer's Carribean Ports of Call. You can probably get them from the library.

These books describe the various lines that go to these ports and give information such as ship size, passenger to crew ratio, type of dining, formal or casual dress, party or sedate, etc. This will help you determine which line best suits your particular vacation style.

These books also give descriptions about what there is to do, see, eat, etc. at each port. This will help you determine which places you'd most like to go to and then you can find the best itinerary for you.

You can ask people here, but everyone has their own favourite ports and lines, so you could get 50 different answers.

What is good or the best option for you is very subjective.

My only advice is to seek out the assistance of a travel agent that specializes in cruises.

He will ask about your likes, dislikes, time frame involved, budget for cruise and flights, incidentals that you need to know about gratuities and shore excursions, travel documentation required. This is especially important for a honeymoon, and if you were to book using your married surname and your passports are in your maiden name.

There are too many ships and itineraries to choose from, for us to make a suggestion.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Need more info about your likes and dislikes.

Me personally, I'd pick a small ship with a low key and laid back feel since you will be in Vegas after. Oasis is pretty much the last ship I'd pick given the Vegas trip.

Big, crazy cruise + big, crazy Vegas =too much stimulation for my tastes. However, I'm not you and this may not appeal at all.