When do they...

jennifer1t

I've been on 4 cruises and always seem to miss certain things. Like- how does everyone know to pack something red for certain deck parties- and when do they decorate all of the lounge chairs on the lido deck?

We're going on the dream in December, and I don't want to miss a thing- where do I find out the specific "dress accordingly" deck parties?

TIA

Jenn

No colors deck party any more. They do have a white night party in the disco where you get a discount on drinks. Some people wear their carnival robes if they forgot. Other than that and Halloween, special clothes are not needed.

Towel animals take over is usually the last day before disembark (ie Friday if you leave the ship on Saturday) look at the lido deck camera. If you see a bunch of white on the deck chairs, but get there early.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

No colors deck party any more. They do have a white night party in the disco where you get a discount on drinks. Some people wear their carnival robes if they forgot. Other than that and Halloween, special clothes are not needed.

Towel animals take over is usually the last day before disembark (ie Friday if you leave the ship on Saturday) look at the lido deck camera. If you see a bunch of white on the deck chairs, but get there early.

What is towel animals take over???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is towel animals take over???

All the Lido Deck loungers are taken up with every sort of towel animal. It is an amazing sight! Get there early because some will be dismantled by people walking by.

All the Lido Deck loungers are taken up with every sort of towel animal. It is an amazing sight! Get there early because some will be dismantled by people walking by.

I have yet to see this! We were on glory last week and stayed on the lido so we're right there. Maybe not all ships do this? Didn't see it on the Liberty last year either.

I have yet to see this! We were on glory last week and stayed on the lido so we're right there. Maybe not all ships do this? Didn't see it on the Liberty last year either.

uploadfromtaptalk1430462142885.jpg.eadaf782d8cae3e50480200916810237.jpg

Crazy. 8 cruises on Carnival and never heard of this or seen this!!

Definitely going to look for it on the Breeze in 2 months!!

Here's a close-up of them

I've seen the towel animals take over on our last three cruises with Carnival. It's something they've only started doing in the past 2-3 years I believe (at least I've never seen it before that). I agree, though, you do have to get up early to see them. I'm an early riser, so I can be up on deck between 5-6 a.m. so I usually see them before they are disturbed, but they can sometimes start being disturbed by people coming up to claim deck chairs as early as 6:30 a.m. and I think how sad it is that so much effort was put into it by the employees and then it gets ruined so quickly.

love those towel animals earlier in the morning. You have to be up early to see them that's for sure or all the lounge people squash them or kids take them etc....

While Carnival makes towel animals for us we make towel people for them:

20141218_132359.jpg.284b8c9b8754bd984c471fa033d21c46.jpg

What can I say, we have fun.

I was on the Liberty 11/28/2014 sailing and they had it one morning. I happened to go on Lido deck early - around 7am and they were set-up. I very seldom get up on deck that early and was surprised to see them. Don't remember which day of cruise it was.

It's really sweet, animals EVERYWHERE!!!

We saw this on the Valor recently. But, we must have shown up too late. By then all the towel animals were sitting around the pool nearest the Lido buffet entrance. Nothing on the chairs.