Save 20% on Carnival gift cards $50 for $40 at KROGER

angela12345

Thanks for the heads up, but dang! I wish that it was truly 20% off and not just $10 off! ... Sounds like the same Carnival "fine print" person that came up with the "kids sail free" sale was behind the wording of this deal!

Sorry Tapi. Can't blame Carnival mktg dept on this one. That was my wording on the 20% off. Just doing the math of $50 for $40 cost =20% off. :)

Thanks for the heads up but we have no Krogers around here! Never seem to catch a break on these cards. We aren't Verizon customer, either. One day maybe we will be able to take advantage.

BigB0882, do you have Visa rewards ? I saw Carnival gift cards on Visa for free with points (no additional ca$h required) 10,500=$100 gift card; 20,000 =$200 gift card!! Too bad they're not available on Amex, we have about 250,000 Amex points, but only about 13,000 Visa points. :(

Anyone know how many different gift cards you can use for your sale & sign card & is the limit per room or per cabin?

Halfpint012, I don't *think* there is a limit on the number of cards you can apply to sign & sail account. I also don't think there is a dollar amount limit. On our recent cruise, I applied $450 in gift cards to our S&S.

Not fair since it says it didn't expire for another 2 weeks

I completely agree !! The expiration date of 5/16 led us to believe we had until 5/16 to download. If you have already downloaded, but just haven't used it yet, I believe you will still be able to use it. But, it stinks it is no longer available for download ! :(

Will definitely be checking the Kroger website weekly until cruise time. Well played, Kroger, well played...

LOL !!

Quote:

"A new gift card coupon that is available is Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy."

Does this relate to Carnival gift card discount, or? I am kind of new to the internet/gift card discount stuff.

Nope, I was just notating it, just in case someone was interested in a gift card for one of those locations. I listed some other discounted gift cards that Kroger has discounts for in the very first post. There were about a dozen different places.

I used the digital coupon twice yesterday. Once with my card and once with my daughter's card, but I had downloaded them last week. So, if you already have the digital coupon downloaded, it is still good until May 16. I will keep watching :)

Would like to share my conversation with Kroger. Please call too.

So. Called Kroger. 1-800-krogers. Wait till digital coupons is option. The nice lady "in Digital coupons" could find no record of this coupon ever existing. She said if enough people call in asking about it, it will be looked into. Best she could do was tell me to go to the store, have them call and verify its a legit coupon and they'll credit me $10. Better than nothing. But really, no knowledge of their own stores coupon! Why even have a digital coupon department. So call!!

I called Kroger regarding this, and they told me that they are not seeing it on their end, and usually when that happens it's because once it has been used by a certain number of people, they take it down.

So it seems like we're out of luck, unfortunately.

Edited by AnchoredInHope

I called Kroger regarding this, and they told me that they are not seeing it on their end, and usually when that happens it's because once it has been used by a certain number of people, they take it down.

So it seems like we're out of luck, unfortunately.

I was given the same response with an apology.

I was able to add the coupon yesterday (4/3/15) morning and used it today to buy two $25 cards. Tried to add it to another family members Kroger Plus card and it is no longer there. Looks like I got it in the nick of time.

If you have already loaded the Carnival gift card discount to your Kroger Plus acct, you should still be able to purchase these gift cards thru the coupon expiration date of 5-16-15. If you had not downloaded the coupon yet, it is no longer available to download, so you will not be able to take advantage of this deal.

ALSO, Kroger just released a 4x fuel points for gift card purchases that will be valid for this coming Fri Sat Sun (last day is 5/10), so download that to your acct too and wait just a couple days to purchase your Carnival gift cards on Friday !!

Unfortunately, I went and picked up my dads gift cards for him last night as the Kroger near him didn't have any. Once again I missed the 4x fuel points. Arrrrgggh.

Edited by angela12345

If you have already loaded the Carnival gift card discount to your Kroger Plus acct, you should still be able to purchase these gift cards thru the coupon expiration date of 5-16-15. If you had not downloaded the coupon yet, it is no longer available to download, so you will not be able to take advantage of this deal.

ALSO, Kroger just released a 4x fuel points for gift card purchases that will be valid for this coming Fri Sat Sun (last day is 5/10), so download that to your acct too and wait just a couple days to purchase your Carnival gift cards on Friday !!

Unfortunately, I went and picked up my dads gift cards for him last night as the Kroger near him didn't have any. Once again I missed the 4x fuel points. Arrrrgggh.

Thanks, got it loaded! Need to pick up another Southwest gift card so works out perfectly for me! Then I will have another $1.00 off a fill up!

Kim

I'm new here and we just booked a cruise on Carnival for July. Can I use these gift cards to pay for the tips on board?

I love the Kroger 4X Fuel Points, and I've seen they have 2X fuel points on Fri / Sat / Sun all through the summer. I would love to pick up some cards this week.

I've been following this thread since Friday and you guys have been so helpful:)! So Friday I downloaded the coupon, left work and bought the two cards($25.00 each) only paid $40.00. Saturday, used my MIL's card, downloaded coupon and went to the Kroger by our home. Got another two for $40.00:). Monday got to work and tried my co-worker's card but couldn't download. I came on here and read the update. I was so bummed(co-workers felt sorry for me lol):mad:. Then I read sunnydaygirl's post:

So. Called Kroger. 1-800-krogers. Wait till digital coupons is option. The nice lady "in Digital coupons" could find no record of this coupon ever existing. She said if enough people call in asking about it, it will be looked into. Best she could do was tell me to go to the store, have them call and verify its a legit coupon and they'll credit me $10. Better than nothing. But really, no knowledge of their own stores coupon! Why even have a digital coupon department. So call!!

So I went to the Kroger on my lunch break and asked the lady at customer service to call the Digital Coupon Dept and she did. After a few minutes of back and forth conversation the clerk told her that she would use a code they have for problems with digital coupons! So I got another two cards for $40.00;)

So for our upcoming trip, total gift cards $150.00 and I paid $120.00. Just wanted to say THANK YOU! Every little bit helps.

I'm new here and we just booked a cruise on Carnival for July. Can I use these gift cards to pay for the tips on board?

Yes, you can apply then to your onboard account when you are on the ship. Thus they can be used for anything charged to your account, tips included.

I love the Kroger 4X Fuel Points, and I've seen they have 2X fuel points on Fri / Sat / Sun all through the summer. I would love to pick up some cards this week.

I got 2X fuel points when I bought the cards on Monday. Not sure if they always offer this or not. It only worked out to $0.10 off per gallon at Kroger or Shell. We don't do our regular shopping at Kroger and I usually get gas at Costco, Shell or BP, so I could probably end up using it at Shell but since the price at Costco will likely beat the $0.10 off at Shell, it may not get used.

Downloaded the digital coupon for the $10 off two Carnival gift cards when this was first posted here. Waited until today to buy them so I would receive the 4X fuel points. Also got a $20 Domino's gc for $16 with a digital coupon. I did call a few Kroger's in my area yesterday to make sure which ones had the Carnival gift cards in stock. Fortunately, the one where my husband gets his prescriptions had them, so I bought the cards while he was picking up some of his drugs. :p Thanks for starting the thread and getting the info out.

Is anybody able to see the digital coupon?

No. It was pulled down last Sunday or Monday. The offer is still available through the 16th if you had the coupon loaded to your card. If you didn't, unfortunately, you are out of luck.

Edited by dioxide45