Calling Seattle Experts

RaMar

I am considering a cruise from Seattle during the summer and would like to stay a day or two prior to the cruise. Would like a location close to the pier. Could you provide some info please. Thanks.

Pier 91 is in an industrial area about 5 miles north of the downtown core. The closest hotels are downtown.

Pier 66 is on the waterfront downtown. The Marriott is across the street and the Edgwater is next door.

Seattle is very compact. No need to stay close to the pier. A cab to the pier from any hotel downtown will be $10-$15. So don't rule out any location. All the major chains are represented if you have points to use. There are numerous threads about hotels/locations if you look over the first few pages of the forum.

Edited by mapleleaves

Thank you so much, I will start doing some research today and make a decision about the summer trip. I have several cruises to choose from but Seattle appeals to us because we've never been there.

Thank you so much, I will start doing some research today and make a decision about the summer trip. I have several cruises to choose from but Seattle appeals to us because we've never been there.

When considering Alaska cruises, it's important to note that all cruises departing from Seattle are round trips (Seattle - Seattle) owing to federal maritime law, while cruises departing from Vancouver BC can be either round trips or one-way cruises (to/from Whittier or Seward, Alaska). Sailings out of Vancouver generally offer more scenery, as they travel to the east of Vancouver Island on sheltered waters, whereas the Seattle boats travel on open ocean to the west of Vancouver Island.

Edited by Gardyloo

When considering Alaska cruises, it's important to note that all cruises departing from Seattle are round trips (Seattle - Seattle) owing to federal maritime law, while cruises departing from Vancouver BC can be either round trips or one-way cruises (to/from Whittier or Seward, Alaska). Sailings out of Vancouver generally offer more scenery, as they travel to the east of Vancouver Island on sheltered waters, whereas the Seattle boats travel on open ocean to the west of Vancouver Island.

Last week I booked a Carnival cruise to Alaska-it sails out of Seattle, and arrives back in Vancouver. (Can't wait till Sept 8th!)

Last week I booked a Carnival cruise to Alaska-it sails out of Seattle, and arrives back in Vancouver. (Can't wait till Sept 8th!)

I'm on the same one! I believe it's be as that is the last Alaskan sailing of the season. The legend sails from Vancouver over to Hawaii.

I'm on the same one! I believe it's be as that is the last Alaskan sailing of the season. The legend sails from Vancouver over to Hawaii.

Yep, Will see you on board! I started my 1st cruise, which was to Alaska in '07 in the spring, so will now go on Spirit's sister ship Legend in the fall! Hoping for some decent weather, but with Alaska, you just never know!;)

Stupid auto correct. I should have proofread lol