Cunard VS P&O

tottoncruiser

Not at all but Cunard does tend to attract a more international passenger mix, depending on ship/itinerary.

Well said. I was working my way through the thread chronologically and only saw your comment after i had posted mine.

Absolutely and I really look forward to that international mix having a very strong and mixed international history myself - but I would just like to defend the 'load of British people all moaning on P&O'. We may be British, we may like P&O, but we don't all moan.:)

That's a cracker Scriv. I like it.

We've never done P&O, but my Wife's Grandparents, who are ardent Cruisers & huge fans of Cunard have recently returned from a Fjords & Waterfalls cruise on the new Britannia.

Her words: "She's alright, but she's not a patch on The Queens"

One point they both made, which can be seen on Britannia's deckplans, is that only the fore and aft stairwells have stairs beyond the lowest 3 passenger decks. The Central Stairwell is lift only beyond Deck 7, (Deck 5 is as low as passengers can go) which we were told led to huge queues for the lifts. Not ideal when you are in your 80s.

It's the same on the Princess ships of the same design.

The real problem lies with the inability of a lot of passengers thinking through an alternative route up or down.

Let's face a fact here. There were two other 'stair/lift wells' not exactly a route march away.

Having experienced a short wait on our first evening we soon found an alternative route, either to walk or ride in the lift.

Cunard all the way. We tried a short break on Oriana at Easter and although some people on forums seem to think she's elegant and beautiful, I disagree totally. She was tired, tatty and old. There is no comparison to Cunard. Back to Cunard we go.....after a trip on Azura in Aug (booked before the Oriana trip).

It's funny but I often read criticism of Cunard from those who do 'short' cruises on Cunard.

I'm pretty adamant that you wouldn't get the 'full' experience of Cunard on a short cruise just as i would stay on the side of caution on any other line that i chose to take a short cruise.

Having done two Azura cruises and two Oriana cruises, albeit the latter some years ago, we had a great time on all, enjoy Azura...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/03/21/azuras-black-sea-cruise/

8911292298_63c04e2810_z.jpg

Absolutely and I really look forward to that international mix having a very strong and mixed international history myself - but I would just like to defend the 'load of British people all moaning on P&O'. We may be British, we may like P&O, but we don't all moan.:)

Hi Scriv, I take your point, but on the only P&O cruise I have taken in years after a long absence from been a regular P&O cruiser and a top "POSH" club member. I came across hundreds of moaning passengers and not only moaning but also some very, very rude passengers. Maybe it was the ship/ cruise I was on that went a long way to causing people to moan and to be so rude to each other. The cruise itself had many problems which lead to many people complaining and of course the moaning and the rudeness. I wrote a review about the cruise on another forum it has had over 75.700 hits and still going. You should read the replies you will have a good laugh. Here is the link

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/pando-cruises/arcadia/read-review-80470/

Edited by maggiemou