breakin all the rules ;)

mbisson

Why would it make you sick? Do you have a fridge in your room? Not all rooms have refrigerators. By total numbers, more rooms are without them. Whether you agree or not, here is some info. First, your food arrives at the table for you to eat. If it arrives fresh and hot, you can start your stopwatch there. If you are like us, we take our time eating while on vacation, an hour is typical for us. Then, another 5-10 minutes to get it to the room. If you don't have a fridge, will you eat it then? Probably not, otherwise you would have eaten it at the table, not taken it back for consumption 5-10 minutes later. According to the USDA, you would now only have 45 minutes to safely eat it.

From the USDA.gov website:

Leftovers

•Discard any food left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours—1 hour if the temperature was above 90 °F (32.2 ºC).

•Place food into shallow containers and immediately put in the refrigerator or freezer for rapid cooling.

•Use cooked leftovers within 4 days.

•Reheat leftovers to 165 °F (73.9 °C).

Source:

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/basics-for-handling-food-safely/ct_index

Good information. But, then NCL should stop offering room service for the same health concerns, no?

Monte ---- my memory cells just woke up ! This is going to get brutal if they restrict hot dogs, isn't it???????????????

Wiping my diet Dr. Pepper off my monitor as I was just about to post the very same thng! We need another good hot dog thread to lighten up the mood around here.

As opposed to what, a 'bad hot dog' thread LOL

ain't no such thing as a bad hotdog...it's just that some are better than others

I'm sitting in my hotel in Seattle waiting to board the Jewel tomorrow. The crap I put myself thru just to get to the bottom of these NCL rumors---yes, I'm taking one for the team just by cruising ;)

I probably won't be back online for the next 9 or 10 days...SO YOU ALL BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Ute & Swedish, you're in charge, let me know if anyone gets out of line ;)

ain't no such thing as a bad hotdog...it's just that some are better than others

I'm sitting in my hotel in Seattle waiting to board the Jewel tomorrow. The crap I put myself thru just to get to the bottom of these NCL rumors---yes, I'm taking one for the team just by cruising ;)

I probably won't be back online for the next 9 or 10 days...SO YOU ALL BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

Bon Voyage . :D

Bon Voyage! Will watch for your update on the cookie and hot dog smuggling.... you should probably skip the mustard :eek:

Edited by kessdarln

Well darn... I hoped it was merely a bunch of rumors and exaggerations as often is the case but this sounds almost as if you wont get those cookies without stashing them somewhere... better skip the chocolate chips. :(

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6346

:D:D Washy Washy Happy Happy!! :D:D

You've got it wrong, it's now

"Searchy Searchy Strippy Strippy"

**I can't take credit for the new slogan outside of the buffet; saw it on either here or on Facebook

The agricultural sniffing dogs at some of the ports will have a field day and their coffers will swell with the fines people are hit with for bringing food ashore.

We just returned from a cruise to the Mexican Riviera with a stop at Cabo San Lucas. A passenger getting off the tender was pulled aside by local police after their dog started going crazy sniffing his bag. It was loaded with fruits and pastries.

We did not hang around to see if he got into any trouble or just had to dump the food items.

Edited by CTCruisers

We just returned from a cruise to the Mexican Riviera with a stop at Cabo San Lucas. A passenger getting off the tender was pulled aside by local police after their dog started going crazy sniffing his bag. It was loaded with fruits and pastries.

We did not hang around to see if he got into any trouble or just had to dump the food items.

Hopefully that's all it was and quite funny if it was

You've got it wrong, it's now

"Searchy Searchy Strippy Strippy"

**I can't take credit for the new slogan outside of the buffet; saw it on either here or on Facebook

Thanks for the credit - I prefer your version - trips off the tongue better.:D

Enjoy your cruise.

I will be waiting to hear if I need to be a food smuggler or not! :D

We just ate in La Cucina on the Pearl tonight. My son ordered the Pizza. He had 2 pieces and then wanted to go to Kids Club. He's old enough to check himself in. I asked if we could take the rest of the pizza back to the cabin so he could eat it after kids club tonight. They would not allow us to bring the rest of the pizza back to cabin. Such a waste of perfectly good food that would have been demolished by a growing 11 y/o boy at 10:30pm!

I wouldn't have paid for it. Plain and simple. This is an extra cost restaurant. You are entitled to have your whole meal.